ECN Forum
Posted By: Electricmanscott Interesting diy post - 01/03/04 03:08 PM
http://64.49.216.165/wwwboard/messages/165837.html
Posted By: Roger Re: Interesting diy post - 01/03/04 03:37 PM
Scott, your topic should be "Dangerous DIYer Thread." [Linked Image]

That Rocket guy should be censured to say the least.

Roger
Posted By: CRW Re: Interesting diy post - 01/03/04 03:45 PM
scary!
Posted By: iwire Re: Interesting diy post - 01/03/04 04:40 PM
so as long as the bare copper wire path is coonected to SOMETHING that goes to that outside ground....it's safe as it can be.

Idiot!
Posted By: ga.sparky56 Re: Interesting diy post - 01/03/04 05:07 PM
Come on Bob,don't you know that all electricity runs righ into the ground? [Linked Image]
Posted By: iwire Re: Interesting diy post - 01/03/04 05:27 PM
With all these folks running EGCs to ground rods I am starting to become afraid of walking on bare earth without insulated boots. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Interesting diy post - 01/03/04 07:02 PM
This is my favorite line.
"I am going to forgo code in this instance"
Posted By: electricman2 Re: Interesting diy post - 01/03/04 07:36 PM
The scary part is that there are unimformed people out there who will take this as gospel and get hurt or get someone else hurt. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Attic Rat Re: Interesting diy post - 01/03/04 11:16 PM
..I told him to do himself and his family a favor...call an electrician!!!
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Interesting diy post - 01/04/04 03:04 AM
Good Lord,
It certainly makes you wonder about some of the advice tendered in these DIY Boards.
Some of it is just bs and really dangerous, considering that half the time, the people giving the advice haven't even got a clue themselves. [Linked Image]
Posted By: spkjpr Re: Interesting diy post - 01/04/04 03:20 AM
Once again, " Someone needs to add some more chlorine to the gene pool", comes to mind.
Posted By: Mean Gene Re: Interesting diy post - 01/05/04 08:48 PM
And this guy at least asked for advise. Imagine the sheer number of people that just go ahead a do stuff like that and not give it a second thought. Scary! [Linked Image]
Posted By: fla sparkey Re: Interesting diy post - 01/06/04 01:32 AM
I don't have to imagine. I run into that kind of stuff all the time. The trouble is when you try to explain to someone that it needs to be "repaired to code". It's worked fine all these years is usually what I hear.

Along the line of "adding chlorine to the gene pool" has anybody heard of the Darwin Awards?

[This message has been edited by fla sparkey (edited 01-05-2004).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Interesting diy post - 01/06/04 10:49 AM
Grounding is certainly an area which seems to be greatly misunderstood, both in the intented purpose and in the way in which it must be done to ensure safety.
Posted By: dturner Re: Interesting diy post - 01/07/04 01:46 PM
I went to that website and started reading some of the questions. Will keep the fire department on stand-by.
© ECN Electrical Forums