ECN Forum
Posted By: iwire I'm Rich, free money in my e-mail!! - 10/18/03 11:27 PM
From Mr Murrey Thompson.
Abidjan,Ivoiry Coast
West Africa.

Confidential message.

Dearest.

I am writing this mail to you from my residence because of how confidential it is,this letter contains some confidential materials and should be delected from your mail box if you are unable to help me out concerning the proposal.I am the director of international remittance in a bank here in Abidjan.I and my colleagues have an amount of 28 million dollars belonging to Gen Robert Guei who was shot dead together with all his family last September by the Government soldiers here on an accusation of plotting a failed coup de etat.this money was 58 million dollars but some have been used in the importation of arms by the General until he met the unexpected death.

I have all the necessary documents involved in the deposition and the withdrawal of the part of the money and the next of kinwas his personal security guard who also met death.now I want you to tand as the next of kin and help us transfer this amount of money out from here.this business is 100% risk free and Iwill prepare all the documentation and prove the sourse of the fund before the transfer.

I want you to know that this business involves I and 5 top officials in our bank and must not be taken as a joke,I advice you to think very well before responding because we need a very strong hand in this transaction.

Your percentage and other important details will be discussed once I confirm your kind willinngness in helping in the transfer. I await your postive responds

Thanks

MR. Murrey Thompson.
If only the Red Sox had your luck!
Posted By: iwire Re: I'm Rich, free money in my e-mail!! - 10/19/03 12:05 AM
Ouch! [Linked Image from click-smilie.de]
Posted By: :andy: Re: I'm Rich, free money in my e-mail!! - 10/19/03 12:16 AM
heard of this kind of spam, some guys really bill your card if you believe this crap...
Posted By: gunther Re: I'm Rich, free money in my e-mail!! - 10/19/03 05:19 AM
There's a slight catch. If you fall for it, they will tell you to send them some money to grease the wheels. Its amazing how many millions these guys have bilked people out of.
Posted By: SirJaxx Re: I'm Rich, free money in my e-mail!! - 10/19/03 06:54 AM
When you Guys see crap like this, here's what you do:
Forward it to this E-mail Address:
419.fcd@usss.treas.gov
with the Words ," No Loss ", unless you have been scammed, then contact the Treasury Department directly.
Posted By: sparky Re: I'm Rich, free money in my e-mail!! - 10/19/03 12:09 PM
IM RICH ! RICH!!!.....
[Linked Image from barbneal.com]
Guess who just got a "Confidential" e mail from Murrey Thompson. [Linked Image] Happy days are here again.....
Posted By: iwire Re: I'm Rich, free money in my e-mail!! - 10/19/03 01:16 PM
I will meet you at the Ritz Carlton, we can count our money. [Linked Image]

I already quit work and put a down payment on a Lamborghini. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Roger Re: I'm Rich, free money in my e-mail!! - 10/19/03 02:34 PM
I hope you guys don't forget you humble beginnings and abandon us "po folk" here. [Linked Image]

Roger

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 10-19-2003).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: I'm Rich, free money in my e-mail!! - 10/19/03 08:01 PM
I don't have time for this. I'm far too busy printing 300-Euro notes! [Linked Image]

COUNTERFEITERS are passing €300 notes in Europe — worth £214 each — even though the denomination doesn't exist. The fraudsters are making millions from people still struggling to understand the new currency. Christa Randzio-Plathof, head of the European Parliament's economic committee, said: "They are not only faking the current denominations but are introducing non-existing notes. "It beggars belief that counterfeiters have replicated euro notes so quickly efficiently, given the supposedly fake-proof security features." (The Sun 19 Aug 2003 )

I have these nice $3 bills too, if anyone wants some..... [Linked Image]
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: I'm Rich, free money in my e-mail!! - 10/20/03 02:31 AM
Has anybody actually handled one of the new multi-colored $20 bills yet?
Yes on the colored $20. An ATM near me spits em out. Looks like more Monopoly money, lol. But also looks really hard to fake, and tons of strange details.
Used some "new" 20's the other night. What a time I had convincing the people in the restaurant that they were real. [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: I'm Rich, free money in my e-mail!! - 10/20/03 09:48 PM
If you think the new $20 bill is getting to look too much like Monopoly money, then the new Euro notes must look really bad:

[Linked Image from gov.ie]

Worse yet is this monstrosity from Switzerland:

[Linked Image from about.ch]

Take a look back at this thread from a few months ago:

The Color of Money

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 10-20-2003).]
Posted By: C-H Re: I'm Rich, free money in my e-mail!! - 10/21/03 03:18 PM
Haha, our national bank in Sweden regularly change color and size of the notes. Most recently, they changed them to look more like the Euro notes.
© ECN Electrical Forums