ECN Forum
Posted By: rmiell Think your job stinks? - 07/26/03 05:14 PM
Check out this link, then post comments.

just doing my job

Rick
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Think your job stinks? - 07/26/03 05:52 PM
Rick,

sheeesh! What does this do for 'Rocky Mountain Spring Water' sales??

Bill
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Think your job stinks? - 07/26/03 07:51 PM
Rick,
That certainly makes you think!. [Linked Image]
I bet that this isn't the only case where something like this is going on, the only thing is, these guys have been caught.
3000 fish is a fair number of dead fish!.
I say lock the people responsible for this up for a good long while. [Linked Image]
Posted By: ga.sparky56 Re: Think your job stinks? - 07/26/03 08:58 PM
Why in the world would someone risk something like this to save a "couple of hundred dollars a year"?

Russell
Posted By: sparky Re: Think your job stinks? - 07/26/03 09:49 PM
McGrath, 37, said he knew the pumping was wrong but did it on his boss's orders to keep his job.

would all the posters here apprenticed to knotheads please raise thier hands....
Posted By: Big Jim Re: Think your job stinks? - 07/27/03 12:47 AM
For those of you with a taste for malted beverage, the Rocky Mountain Spring Water place is 50 miles or so UPSTREAM from this incident.
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Think your job stinks? - 07/27/03 12:59 AM
Adds new meaning to Ranger Doug's sage advice... Remember Saddle Pals, Always Drink Upstream of the Herd."

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 07-26-2003).]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Think your job stinks? - 07/27/03 01:10 AM
Thanks Big Jim,

That's good to hear!

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: circuit man Re: Think your job stinks? - 07/27/03 01:43 AM
sounds like they need to do what they say in the song "beer for my horses". [Linked Image] that isn't proably all that goes on either. [Linked Image]
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Think your job stinks? - 07/27/03 03:44 AM
I bet that this isn't the only case where something like this is going on...

Back in '97, for quite a few months, twice per day, I had to deal with this . (Scroll down to the "Barnyard odor" article.)

Turns out that a nearby building had an illegal sewer hookup, with raw sewage flowing into the storm drainage system of the underground trains. The authorities finally figured out the source when toilet tissue started washing up out of the drains after a heavy rain.

YUCK!!!!
Posted By: wa2ise Re: Think your job stinks? - 07/27/03 05:05 AM
And I thought it was called the "Septic" system
(should be SEPTA) [Linked Image]
Posted By: macwire Re: Think your job stinks? - 07/27/03 07:46 PM
Think you had it bad, ThinkGood? Imagine having to come home to that odor. Why? Because a clogged outlet pipe from your own house caused your own sewage to back up into your basement every other time you flushed your toilet.

And since such a repair is never cheap, it took a couple of months to scrounge up the money to have the pipe replaced (turned out the final u-bend, or trap, was cracked).

Yuck indeed.
MacWire
Posted By: sparky Re: Think your job stinks? - 07/28/03 12:33 AM
a barnyard odor should'nt be confused with a septic odor ThinkGood

(gawd, you city boyz)~ [Linked Image]
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Think your job stinks? - 07/28/03 07:13 PM
Sparky: ROTFL!

The worst, by far, has to be baby diapers that have been in a covered garbage can, outdoors, in the sun. The fumes can nearly melt the plastic garbage bag!

macwire: Isn't it amazing how we take things for granted until they stop working...

[This message has been edited by ThinkGood (edited 07-28-2003).]
© ECN Electrical Forums