ECN Forum
Posted By: Redsy Bewitched reference - 07/17/03 01:41 AM
Thanks to CATV networks, I was watching a re-run of Bewitched (1966).
They mentioned that an electrician would charge $7.50 / hr.
Fairly steep for that era?
Posted By: LK Re: Bewitched reference - 07/17/03 01:53 AM
Have a billing from 1965
Service call $12.00 Trip charge
Hourly Rate $12.00 Electrician
Hourly Rate $8.00 Electrician Helper
Area Central New Jersey

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 07-16-2003).]
Posted By: Redsy Re: Bewitched reference - 07/17/03 10:50 AM
Cool stuff!
Thanks
Posted By: pauluk Re: Bewitched reference - 07/17/03 11:31 AM
If Darrin didn't have his "no twitching" rule, then Smanatha could just zap up a new circuit whenever they needed one! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Redsy Re: Bewitched reference - 07/17/03 12:52 PM
Funny thing,
When watching the show now, I look at Samantha MUCH differently than when I was kid. [Linked Image]
Posted By: mamills Re: Bewitched reference - 07/17/03 01:20 PM
Paul: I wonder if "twitching" was code-compliant back then...? [Linked Image]

I'll bet Sam's mother could conjure up one heck of an installation... [Linked Image]

Hey Redsy; My favorite is "The Munsters". You've gotta love all that electrical gear of grandpa's downstairs in the dungeon, as well as all that neat K&T wiring throughout the house... [Linked Image]

Mike(mamills)

[This message has been edited by mamills (edited 07-17-2003).]
Posted By: Big A Re: Bewitched reference - 07/17/03 05:28 PM
Hey All,

Can you imagine how much money Darrin could have made as an EC. Just bid the job and have Samantha zap it done. But the one I could never figure out was Major Nelson from I Dream of Jeanie. Why didn't he ever marry her? Well I guess he did at the end but what took him so long? If I had a woman like them I'd let them blink and zap to there heart's content. Just don't make them mad!
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Bewitched reference - 07/18/03 04:14 AM
If my Wife could blink / twitch nose, and things are fixed / new / improved / less annoying / or in anyway better than before, the last thing I would do is complain about it... heck I would encourage it!
[Linked Image]

No wonder Endora blinks 'Ol Derwood to the South Pole so much! [Linked Image]

Now, in Major Nelson's case, I think he suffers from irrational thinking, due to Alien abductions while he was preparing for the Moon landing (while he was in orbit).

Once again, if you want to blink something and make it better, go right ahead!

If it's non-compliant to any codes, blink a correction notice! [Linked Image]

I like when they have the broom, vacuum sweeper, duster and several other housekeeping tools all running tasks themselves! Great example of multitasking with high productivity while sitting on couch reading magazine!

OK, that's about enough of this.

Thanks for the laughs, everyone!

Scott35
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: Bewitched reference - 07/18/03 12:12 PM
A lot of customers we have today must have watched those shows. They think we can just 'blink' our way through a job. "Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes"!

Pierre
Posted By: condenseddave Re: Bewitched reference - 07/18/03 05:14 PM
I'd like to have someone twitch my Hole Hawg to use itself, without me anywhere around... [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Bewitched reference - 07/18/03 06:02 PM
I can't be the only one who'd want a "twitched" 600-amp switchboard in the living room along side the "twitched" 84-inch TV...and a "twitched" set of Martin-Logan Statement (1,800 lbs) speakers.

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 07-18-2003).]
Posted By: BuggabooBren Re: Bewitched reference - 07/18/03 06:16 PM
This is hysterical! My younger sister and I did our level best to learn how to twitch and blink at Mom's command for a clean room. Mom would find us standing with our arms crossed ala Jeannie and blinking for all we were worth and then you really wished you could *poof* and disappear!

I have once twitched due to electricity but not to anyone's advantage save some entertainment value when my ex-hubby was dismantling the clock on the stove to clean it out and I was holding on to his elbow and he thought it curious that he didn't detect so much as a tingle while the sparks and blue flash was chasing around his hands and the clock. In the meantime I was doing a spastic jig and couldn't let go easily. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by BuggabooBren (edited 07-18-2003).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Bewitched reference - 07/19/03 08:28 AM
Maybe it was too much high-living and easy-blinking with Jeanie which made Major Nelson become the scheming J.R. ? [Linked Image]

Oh, and if Endora zapped up anything electrical for "Derwood" it would probably be something like this:
[Linked Image from capitalcentury.com]

I guess that would make Grandpa Munster start wondering where his furniture had gone! [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums