ECN Forum
Posted By: sparky66wv Strange Happenings... - 07/11/01 01:25 AM
What in the world is going on in Hartsville, TN?

Go here for more ...

Just interesting stuff to ponder..

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 07-10-2001).]
Posted By: sparky Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/11/01 01:31 AM
[Linked Image]

check out the bird pix!

something to do with the colonel's secret recipe???
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/11/01 02:35 AM
Virgil,

Interesting!
Maybe We should put you in charge of the XFiles here (or YFiles?)What do you think?
You can keep us updated on all such unexplainable events?

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/11/01 02:54 AM
Sure, "Y" Not! [Linked Image]

I like the "Y" Files idea (they make you say "Y?" [why?]...)

Create a section and allow all folks to post odd things they come across...

I'll do my part to keep it going!...

-Virgil

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/11/01 03:18 AM
Virgil,

Actually, We had started a "Y-Files" place awhile ago but had not kept it up. See:
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/y-files.htm

Anyone remember that? [Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/11/01 10:41 AM
Duh...

I remember reading that now!

I couldn't remember where I got the Y=Why thing, but now I know...
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/12/01 04:10 AM
I have heard of violently pulsating solar flares during times of extreme Sun Spot activity, while the Earth is entering, in, or exiting Solar Convergence [the Equinoxes] doing this - last known large event was early 1990's in eastern Canada. Knocked out the entire Power Grid for a week.
Makes sense if this occured in late March, thru early May, or late August thru early October [Equinox periods].

Now as far as the stories from listeners goes, nearly all of them are going to be biased towards the supernatural and unexplainable - which dillutes the persons' interpretation of the events they witness primarily from a mild state of shock, or just feeling that it's got to be alien! [sorry for the Psych 101 [Linked Image]].

The nuke plant would have stainless steel tanker trucks coming and going here and there, as normal operating procedures. Likely they are bringing in Heavy water, which is used as a Moderator on a Fission Reaction.
The trucks could have also been carrying unused U238 fuel, or removing the used U239 saturated U238 fuel.

The guy with the Fluorescent lamp lighting is not so strange. On a dry, slightly windy day, wear some rubber soled shoes, then rub your feet on a freshly swept carpet. Grab a Fluorescent lamp and it will flash on at about 10% full brightness, then decay semi rapidly to a faint glowing state.
You could even hold the lamp and rub your feet, which will do about the same thing.

For the humming noises, seems most likely to be machinery / fans / etc. in the distance, which the sound is being reflected just right due to relative humitity, clouds and mild winds.
I have heard some really strange and funny stuff coming from Disneyland at 1:00-2:00 in the morning, which is when the techs do level sets and such.

Can't explain the Helecopters - maybe they just do not want people having unauthorized access to a Nuclear Fascility??? Imagine that!

The illnesses could be attributed to ground water poisioning [such as Cromium-6 on "Erin Brokovich"], or even underground high voltage transmission feeders in close proximity.

Don't get me wrong here!! I have a great interest in extraterestrial items and have been an loyal X-Files watcher [until the last season when Mulder came and went, then came, then went, then came, then went, then came, then [Linked Image]].

Comments??? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Scott SET
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/12/01 04:23 AM
Scott,

Sheesh!
Even Scully and Skinner are more open-minded than that [Linked Image]

Hey, did you ever here about the Low frequency Communication experiments that they do underground? It seems that some people can be very sensitive to the sounds. I had a customer that used to call up and ask me about motors running under her basement floor (electricity was off) and she'd tell me about how 'they' have her phone tapped and I don't remember the rest. A truly paranoid person.

Bill
Posted By: WARREN1 Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/12/01 12:50 PM
Scott
You are doing a good job of diffusing paranoia.
Since the nuclear plant is not in operation, they are probably storing spent nuclear fuel there from other nuclear sites. We are getting too much of that stuff around. I think its time to send it to the SUN for a complete disposal. I would think that using this facility as storage for spent fuel would be a violation of some law.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/12/01 07:22 PM
>I think its time to send it to the SUN
I agree that would be a fine place to get rid of it.

But the public will not permit a rocket to be launched with tons of radioactive waste as its cargo.

Look out the outcry when a satellite is launched with a pound of fissionable material.

Had we started using breeder reactors 20 years ago, perhaps the total volume of waste would be decreasing. The economics are simple. Give the stuff to private enterprise if they build plants in California that use the nuclear 'waste' for fuel.
Posted By: sparky Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/12/01 08:17 PM
Look at the outcry when a plutonium satellite's orbit decays into the earth, as did one of NASA's some years ago. We are ALL now proud carriers of a minute amount.
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/13/01 05:57 AM
Bill,

Didn't 'ya know that I have been contracted by the NSA/DOD to Debunk Scully's and Skinner's relatively few stories relating to Mulder's reports, which back up his facts?
"Big Ol' [Linked Image]" ... [Linked Image]

Anyhow, I can't recall the exacts on the low Hz Comm tests you mentioned, just saw some PBS or similar documentry about it and it kind of just glanced over the topic. Forgot all about that until now.

WARREN1,

Thanks for the words!
The incorrectly stated reports - with the corresponding Paranoia that tends to follow, is very annoying! It has breeded into such a media circus tool that even the Transexual Nazi Eskimos are no longer the biggest shocker for talk shows! Just totally sucks!

Personally, I would love to see an Alien craft! Even better to go onboard! This might be a bad thing, as the amount of questions I would ask these guys would get them so mad they might blow up the planet! [Linked Image]

Scott SET
Posted By: sparky Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/13/01 09:41 AM
well my theory about Aliens is that they just want to aviod us, kinda if you ended up living next to the Simpson's. I don't think i'd have a lot to do with Homer..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/13/01 01:28 PM
More information here ...
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/16/01 10:57 PM
Here is an interview with a few of the witnesses...

Still seems odd to me... And I completely agree with the last statement...

And I would say this: if when you call govt. agencies they would respond and return telephone calls, you wouldn't be nearly as suspicious of them as you would if they are totally silent and just ignore you."

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 07-16-2001).]
Posted By: electure Re: Strange Happenings... - 07/17/01 11:56 AM
One of the guys @ our company was a military flight controller. He has mentioned that any time any type of nuclear material was relocated, there was a "silent hoopla" of amazing proportions. (All lights off, camoed Marines laying in fields, unmarked trucks 1/2 filled with equipment[other 1/2 filled w/ 50cal nest], decoy trucks, 15-20 marines in the blacked out tower, etc.)
Just a thought.
© ECN Electrical Forums