ECN Forum
Posted By: pauluk Web video tips - 06/17/03 08:03 AM
Guys,

Have a look at this Video tips page to see ECN's very own amp-man in action.

See Drilling holes through studs and Three ways to mount an electrical box in tight spaces.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Web video tips - 06/17/03 03:21 PM
amp-man

Hey, I didn't know we had any Movie Stars here
... can we get autographs? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 06-17-2003).]
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Web video tips - 06/17/03 04:39 PM
Great find!

Thanks.
Posted By: amp-man Re: Web video tips - 06/18/03 01:16 AM
Bill,

I'd rather have your autograph (on a check!)

Actually, doing those videos was pretty easy money. The video guy from the publisher came out and we did a run through, then he rolled tape and I went through it. Probably a result of my having explained it a hundred times to Habitat volunteers!

Interesting, though, in the post-production editing of one of the videos, they changed the color of my shirt! So you really can't believe everything you see...

Best regards,

Cliff
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Web video tips - 06/18/03 02:51 AM
Cliff — That is high-quality material. Your agent should be able to negotiate every-other-week first-class airfare to Boston for a regular appearance on Ask This Olde House. {Electrical is a real weak spot in the program. An offset nipple in the ‘What is It?’ segment would blow their socks off!}

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 06-17-2003).]
Posted By: ga.sparky56 Re: Web video tips - 06/18/03 02:55 AM
Good job Cliff.
Posted By: macmikeman Re: Web video tips - 06/18/03 04:38 AM
Nice job. There are even shorter forstener bits available with self feed drill tips on them that make it even easier to drill tight places than with a short ship auger. You can find them in the hardware stores.

P. S. Ok I know its an instructional video but where is the hard hat and safety goggles?
Posted By: amp-man Re: Web video tips - 06/19/03 04:54 AM
Thanks, gents.

And Mike, those are polycarb lenses in the glasses...bullet-proof!

Cliff
© ECN Electrical Forums