ECN Forum
Posted By: sparky Best Electric Floor Heat? - 06/11/03 11:07 AM
hi guys,
i have a reqest to install electric floor heat in a 6 x 17 (very high end)bathroom and wish to ask as to what quality products are available.

what have you used?

all pro's con's appreciated

~Steve
Posted By: caselec Re: Best Electric Floor Heat? - 06/11/03 03:17 PM
Steve

The system floor heating the has pretty much taken over in my area is www.nuheat.com
You can get the mats in standard sizes or you can order custom sizes.

I normally let the G.C. or tile contractor purchase the floor heating systems. The reason for this is liability. If this heating system fails not only am I buying a new heating system but I also get to buy a very expensive floor. I just have my guys run a circuit to the thermostat and then run a 1/2" conduit from the thermostat box to the floor so the non heating leads can be run up after drywall. At trim out we set the thermostat.

Curt
Posted By: sparky Re: Best Electric Floor Heat? - 06/12/03 04:01 AM
thanks caselec

i may ask if the tile guy's already on this.....
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Best Electric Floor Heat? - 06/12/03 10:24 AM
Ihave Nuheat in my bathroom and have installed it in several others. They offer a 25 year warranty. I would buy it myself so I can get the profit. From my experience customer service is great. For one job I sent in the layout and dimensions of the bath and they designed a system. There are others but this seems to be the easiest to deal with as it comes pretty musch assembled. Other types you get a spool of wire and clips and a pain in the behind.
Posted By: sparky Re: Best Electric Floor Heat? - 06/12/03 11:29 AM
well i am big on tech support...
Posted By: Sandro Re: Best Electric Floor Heat? - 06/17/03 10:51 PM
Hello all....I know I am a little slow with this thread, as I have been away for a while.

As an alternative, I have had excellent results using the EasyHeat systems. I even installed one in my own house.
www.easyheat.com

Bye for now.
© ECN Electrical Forums