ECN Forum
Posted By: C-H Competition - 04/02/03 06:43 PM
{Edited to add: See comment from me further down in the thread}

It seems like Joe went beyond moving his violations forum to his own site. He has created equivalents to all of the ECN foras on his site. Comments and opinions?

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 04-04-2003).]
Posted By: j a harrison Re: Competition - 04/02/03 06:46 PM
Each to there own mate,

Me, I think i will be staying here, i do visit other forums, but this one is the best, (in my opinion).

disclaimer
Opinions expressed here only apply to the person posting them.

Ta !
Posted By: C-H Re: Competition - 04/02/03 06:51 PM
Offensive posting deleted.

Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Competition - 04/03/03 12:58 AM
SO? We are free to visit (or not) any site we wish. As far as I am concerend the more the merrier. I'll be here there and anywhere that good information regarding the trade is available.
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Competition - 04/03/03 03:41 AM
I, for one, wish Joe the best of luck.

I am subscribed to both forums and each has things the other one doesn't have. Joe's site tends to deal more in depth with code questions, which is why it's more of a read-only site for me at the time being.

I'm here to learn and both Bill and Joe are putting out some good product.

Gentlemanly competition is good. It spurs improvement. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 04-02-2003).]
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: Competition - 04/03/03 12:45 PM
C-H:

I have been surfing the web since 1990, and I have had my own web page www.joetedesco.com for over 5 years.

It was time for me to have my own bulletin board, and thanks to Dave Nix it now is a reality!

You too are welcomed there!

Also, when ECN first started, I helped Bill to gain some credibility by agreeing to help when I could on NEC subjects, and he was kind enough to acknowledge that fact by his reference to me in many of his pages here!

PS:

I've noted that you are an Engineering Student in Stockholm, Sweden and also have a web site too:
http://electricity.does.it [Linked Image]
Posted By: Redsy Re: Competition - 04/03/03 01:58 PM
C-H,
Those of us who know Joe balk at the suggestion that he would resort to such folly. No offense intended.
Posted By: C-H Re: Competition - 04/04/03 12:26 PM
My message above (#3 from the top, now deleted) was posted when that 'Da Loo' individual - whoever it was - had posted only two or three messages. As things later developed, what I had written could only be interpreted as an offense to Joe. I would like to apologize for what I wrote.

Your site is excellent and the violations are presented better than they were on ECN. The integration between your site and the violations forum is now very good.

What originally concerned me was the spreading of information between more sources, since there are numerous foras on the net which are not very active. I was wondering what other ECN members felt about the issue, but the way I presented it looked as if I was angry with you for having a site. [Linked Image]

Posted By: Trumpy Re: Competition - 04/04/03 12:41 PM
C-H,
Even if no offense was taken, it was very good of you to apologise. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Competition - 04/04/03 04:23 PM
Gentlemen:
Not taking "sides" and not getting into politics:

Mr Bill runs a great site which in my opinion is dedicated to "sharing" the vast wealth of knowledge amongst the members of the site.

Mr Joe is a knowledgable NEC maven, and his interpertations are usually appreciated by all.

It's a great thing for "sparkies" to have access to information, be it from others in the trade, a "book smart" engineer, or people who's specialty is the NEC.

Anyone is "free" to open a web site, (exclusive of the expenses involved) and express their opinions, and moderate it as they please. The members/visitors are also "free" to either visit the site or not.

Personally, I feel it's a great thing to have many sites to choose from, to expand my knowledge, and to "share" my experience with others.

I intend to remain a member of this site, and yes, I did register at Joe's site, and yes, I'm registered at Mike Holt's site also. The only problem is there is not enough hours in the day to spend on the 'puter.

The above are my opinions, and are not intended to offend anyone on the internet.
John
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Competition - 04/04/03 11:26 PM
HotLine,
Well said, mate!! [Linked Image]
However, I don't neccesarily think that the two Forums are competing, I would say if anything, they complement one another.
Just means that you now have two places to learn about Electrical Techniques!. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 04-04-2003).]
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Competition - 04/07/03 12:51 AM
Trumpy:
#1, thank you for the compliment!
#2, I agree with you....we have two places to go!
John
© ECN Electrical Forums