ECN Forum
Posted By: sparky Stolen Test - 06/25/01 12:49 AM
True / False

Electricity will leak out of pipes if they are not connected with rain tight fittings.

To trip a circuit breaker, you must stick your foot out as it walks by.

When dealing with conduit, the O.D. must exceed the I.O. or the hole will be on the outside.

A keyless fixture cannot be unlocked.

A circuit breaker reads "20" on the handle. This means it can only trip 20 times before it is worn out.

If you plug something 110 volts into a 120 volt outlet, 10 volts will leak out and make a mess.

The gauge of wire tells you how many plugs you can hook to it.

When hooking up a 200 volt heater, you must use 220 volt wire.

When pulling two 4/0 wires into a 1/2" PVC conduit, the PVC stands for "Pipe Very Crowded."

A flush mount device may only be hooked up to a toilet.

Service Entrance Conductors purchased from an electrical parts house with current already in them are very dangerous to install.

High voltage wire is used in the upper levels of tall buildings whereas low voltage wire is usually found in basements or underground.

If you have a molded case circuit breaker, the mold can be washed off with warm soapy water.

When landing a conductor runway light's are needed.
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Stolen Test - 06/25/01 01:39 AM
HEY!

How'd you get a copy of the WV Master's test?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Stolen Test - 06/25/01 09:00 PM
Steve,

That's the funniest thing I have seen for awhile now!! I printed 4 copies of it to hand out on site - just to make the Monday Evening Demo work a little brighter!!!

I'll copy it, then give out on Wednesday while I am on site in Azusa working with multiple subs and vendors. That should help start the day out nice, despite the 5:00 AM arrival time.

[as you can see, my schedules fluctuate quite a bit!!].

Gonna have to pull out the Monty Python tapes, plus maybe some 3 stooges tapes, then post back and forth in these formats - which will most likely lead to another discussion area being created, just for the sole purpose of "coded messages" [Linked Image] - just kidding, wink-wink, nod-nod, know what I mean, say no more! [i.e. Monty Python "Now for something completely different"].

Have some knowledge of "The Holy Grail" routines, and minimal "Life Of Brian" knowledge.
For "something completely different" have close to a Journeymans' level.

P.S. I am tossing this in here - but it reflects another post by Steve, which I cannot remember the name of. So that's where the Python stuff stems from and can be applied in small doses here.

Scott SET.

BTW: What's the royalties price I should pay you, Steve, for using this test on new applicants??? Can go as high as $100 per end user... [will Pesos be OK, or should they be converted into Salt/Spices?].

SET
Posted By: sparky Re: Stolen Test - 06/25/01 09:19 PM
actually we're probably up for copywright charges, is that the 'aurgument' or 'abuse' dept?

oh well...

always look on the bright side of life!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Stolen Test - 06/26/01 03:41 AM
Hmm,

Looks like somebody is a CEE subscriber?
Keep a watch there ....
Posted By: electure Re: Stolen Test - 06/26/01 10:52 PM
What's this? Other Pythonites on ECN?
Replies could be put in a combined format (just download to current location with your speakers on)
".....if you try to fit the 4/0 conductor into the #6 lug by cutting away strands, http://storm.prohosting.com/jklotzba/monty/bitelegs.wav
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Stolen Test - 06/27/01 12:13 AM
Originally posted by sparky:

always look on the bright side of life!

[Linked Image]

Now if I could only figure out how to whistle in a text version! Then I could accompany that song!
© ECN Electrical Forums