ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/22/03 08:23 PM
Sometimes things are posted at a Forum like this that I can't help but think are only meant to be disruptive. I do not know the reasons why someone would do that, but it really bugs me.

What bugs me even more is that there is no gracious way to negate said disruption. Challenging it directly usually causes more of a disruption and deleting it can cause thoughts or comments about censorship or similar ideas among those that are so inclined. It's a no-win situation. So here's my turn to vent:

The following was recently inserted into a "Welcome Thread". You decide the intentions:
(these are screen shots with relevant area cropped to fit here)

[Linked Image]

Here is the Topic:

[Linked Image]

And the Question:

[Linked Image]

I would say that I need a Vacation, but I am already on one.
Posted By: Scotts Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/22/03 08:58 PM
Uh Oh!!! Do I hear Joe warming up his war wagon? It looks there is going to be a dancing M&M in the future. [Linked Image]. As we have learned don't piss off Joe T.

Then of course the almighty Bill will just make you disappear into cyberspace.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I want to thank Bill, and the other members and moderators here, for running a civil forum here. All of us regulars (If I can call myself a regular) are behind you Bill.

Scott

The correct word is off.

[This message has been edited by Scotts (edited 02-22-2003).]
Posted By: Roger Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/22/03 10:19 PM
Scott, I agree. Webmaster and Bill Thanks.

Roger
Posted By: BuggabooBren Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/22/03 11:07 PM
As one of the least relevant posters, I can say that this forum is one of the best sources of info and one of the most welcoming for newbies, youngsters (and oldsters), and the uninformed to come, visit, ask a few questions, toss a few answers out, seek advice and input, and generally engage in open discussion about all things electric.

I think you pegged the disruption correctly - it's a blip on the screen meant to irritate rather than a real inquiry about something someone needed feedback on.

Just use the favorite 4 letter word in a house of ill repute and move on...

"NEXT!" [Linked Image]

(and you thought it was something else.... tsk, tsk, tsk...)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/23/03 12:11 AM
X$#^*%#@!$

Bad Language Removed here.

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 02-22-2003).]
Posted By: walrus Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/23/03 12:45 AM
The thing with any forum is that it is owned by someone. That someone has the right to allow or disallow any or all posts at their discretion. No one is guaranteed a post or a thread. You play by the owners rules or he takes his ball and goes home [Linked Image]. I appreciate this site for what it is, info and entertainment. Thanks for all the work you guys do, to allow us a place to go and read stuff that interests us
Posted By: dana1028 Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/23/03 12:47 AM
I've got to chuckle - it comes as no surprise there are some real jerks (fools) out there - what is surprising is the extent they will go to advertise it.
Posted By: gramps Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/23/03 12:57 AM
there is no shortage of idiots in the world.....some of them have a "potty mouth" too

[Linked Image]
gramps
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/23/03 12:59 AM
There were two before this person who were banned!

They are gone and forgotten ---- SO LONG ...... You Are Fired! ... Wildturkey101
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/23/03 01:02 AM
Wow! [Linked Image]
Posted By: iwire Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/23/03 01:04 AM
Thank you Joe!
Posted By: ga.sparky56 Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/23/03 01:11 AM
What makes it terrible is that there are ladies and probably youngsters who come here.
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/23/03 01:23 AM
[Linked Image from joetedesco.com]

[img] http://www.joetedesco.com/smiles09.gif
[/img]

Just remove the spaces here if you want to post this image ...
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/23/03 01:23 AM
Come on guys, look at the screen name. We should have seen this comming!
Posted By: Roger Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/23/03 02:55 AM
Does the 101 reflect the drinks tonight? [Linked Image]

Roger
Posted By: Admin Re: *** Disruptive Posts *** - 02/23/03 02:59 AM
For the record:

Some may remember this person from a few weeks ago causing a commotion at another Forum and possibly even stooping to impersonating another member there.

Some things are predictable.
© ECN Electrical Forums