ECN Forum
Posted By: Bill Addiss SNOW DAY !! - 02/07/03 04:29 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jim M Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/07/03 07:05 PM
No need to tell my back. I just shovelled 7-8 inches off the driveway.

Oh well, this gives me an excuse to catch up on paperwork.

Cheers
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/07/03 07:21 PM
Haven't seen bare ground since early December! Next week more frigid temps. No thaw in sight.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/07/03 07:35 PM
Jim,

I've got about the same amount outside. We don't get anywhere near the snow we used to get in the 50s and 60s. My Parents (jokingly) insist I was shorter then [Linked Image] , but I remember waking up to find the snow drifted up against the house to the second floor. I don't think I've seen snow drifts on Long Island in decades.

Anybody got any good snow pictures?

[Linked Image]
Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 02-07-2003).]
Posted By: walrus Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/07/03 08:21 PM
Bill
Northern Maine got close to 3 feet of snow in 2 different storms earlier this week. It was topped off by 30 to 40 mph winds during and after the storm. In case you have never been up there [Linked Image] its potato country with huge fields very condusive to drifting snow. Snow banks besides the road are so tall in places one could touch the phone lines on the telephone poles.
Posted By: txsparky Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/07/03 09:05 PM
Me thinks a groundhog season is in order [Linked Image]
Posted By: Mike_Riverside Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/07/03 10:05 PM
sunny and 65* here [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/08/03 12:25 AM
We had some snow here in eastern England last week. About a half inch settled on the roads, so as usual the whole region ground to almost a standstill.

It's all thawed and gone now though. The last real heavy snowfall which drifted and stayed for days must have been over 10 years ago. Even that wasn't much compared to the winter of 1977/78 -- I remember walking to school through about two feet of the stuff!
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/08/03 01:10 AM
Here's a Picture from Tiffany Sparks:

[Linked Image]

Thanks Tiff!
What are we looking at here?

Bill
Posted By: Tiffany Sparks Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/08/03 01:34 AM
Bill,
That is what I see when I look out my kitchen window.
It is Tyree mountain in the clouds.
Being from Wisconsin originally, I love the snow, though glad we don't get as much here as in Wisconsin. I think I have shoveled snow here twice since *99, and that was for the fun of it, cause the snow had melted by late afternoon.
Tiff
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/08/03 02:10 AM
I figured that might be a view from the Kelly Homestead. Nice scenery, a whole lot different than what I see from my windows.

My parents are up in NH. We go up there for Easter and they usually still have a good amount of snow on the ground at that time.

Bill
Posted By: harold endean Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/08/03 03:20 AM
In my next life I want to be a weather forcaster. No matter what I predict, I can't lose my job. The weathermen predicted 1-2" of snow here for northern NJ and we finnally cleared off about 9". Trying to get around for inspections today was tedious. Would you believe I had an inground pool bonding inspection last week!? The snow has been onthe ground here since Thanksgiving and I haven't seen the bare ground since then.
Posted By: wocolt Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/09/03 02:05 AM
I am so sick of winter, I hate the cold

I wanna go to Miama,, er Miami, but wait its cold in Florida too ,, Never the luck.

WOC
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/09/03 11:13 PM
Oh Yeah!
I'll be down in Orlando later this week. I'm sure it's warm enough for me down there! [Linked Image]

Here's a picture sent in by Jon:

[Linked Image]
Here is a picture from my frozen pond where we are skating Saturday afternoon.
Thanks!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: walrus Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/10/03 12:07 AM
oops
I guess I should have given you my board name also [Linked Image]

My son and I were skating when I took that picture on Saturday. The water in the background is Penobscot Bay in Maine. Pretty nice view even if its cold. High temps predicted on thurs amd fri at +5. Brrrr
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/16/03 02:01 AM
Well, I'll tell you...

The weather this week (Orlando, Fla) is a bit different than my first post on this thread! [Linked Image]

It was somewhere around 80 today. I like seeing Snow, but I could suffer through this for awhile! [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: Jim M Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/16/03 02:14 AM
Bill,

On your way back thru Maryland why don't you drop off some of Florida's weather. We are expecting a foot or more over Sun/Mon. You might be getting part of the same storm in NY.

I just might cook out tomorrow for the heck of it. Sit on the deck and enjoy a nice cold one. LOL.
Is anyone ready for spring?
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/16/03 07:30 PM
Weather update, 2/16/2003, 2:15PM+/-
Temp 16 degrees, winds, from the east @ 29 MPH, gust to 41.
SNOW......2-3' predicted, blizzard conditions
Should stop sometime on Monday.....

Past Wed...8 degrees, 40 MPH winds..

Could I "use" spring???? Oh Yeah......

As I tell the neighbors, and my wife "everyday is another day closer to spring"
John
Posted By: lighthouse Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/16/03 07:42 PM
philadelphia....snow.12-24 inches.my back is hurting allready...yea....spring. boating, fishing and ac....
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/17/03 04:03 PM
I heard that Long Island got hit pretty good last night. I'm not there to see it (or shovel it though)

Bill
Posted By: cubby964 Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/17/03 04:26 PM
Hey you guys:
Quit hoggin' the white stuff!!!
Here in the deep west, (Colorado) we're supposed to be getting the blizzards and drifts. We ain't had squat this year. Our water reservoirs are at about 28% and our snow pack is extremely low as well. Another year of watering restrictions for us plebians. (you know the rich aren't going to let their lawns die) I feel for you guys in the really bad stuff, but we are praying for some of the same stuff you are cussing.
Be safe and have a better rest of the week!
Posted By: lighthouse Re: SNOW DAY !! - 02/17/03 05:06 PM
hey cubby964....you can have it all.
snow amount in philadelphia pa.
sat 3 inches,sun 16 inches and mon 2 inches 21 inches total.so come and get it please [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums