ECN Forum
Posted By: sparkyinak Looking for older post - 01/09/17 02:38 AM
Hey all, I'm not having any luck with the search engine. I'm looking for an older post along the lines of, "Are you an electrician or installer?" It was well written by one of many respected members here. It was a strong but right on point on the subject matter. Anyone recall it or is better attuned with the search engine here? I can not tell you how old it was. And it could in theory be older than 3 years hence my lack of luck finding it. It came up in a conversation and would like to share, assuming I can get the original poster's blessing to if it can be located.
Posted By: Texas_Ranger Re: Looking for older post - 01/09/17 02:11 PM
Some of the very early posts have disappeared for some reason. A few years ago I tried to find one of those posts (even had a printout with the URL) and didn't get anywhere except via the Web Archive.
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: Looking for older post - 01/10/17 08:19 AM
No worries. Thanx for looking
Posted By: electure Re: Looking for older post - 01/11/17 04:37 AM
Have you tried the "Advanced Search"?
It has threads going back to the beginnings of the site.
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: Looking for older post - 01/11/17 08:36 AM
Yes I did. It came up blank or I was doing something wrong with it. It may be older than 3 years
Posted By: Admin Re: Looking for older post - 01/21/17 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by Texas_Ranger
Some of the very early posts have disappeared for some reason. A few years ago I tried to find one of those posts (even had a printout with the URL) and didn't get anywhere except via the Web Archive.
We haven't lost much at all over the years, but moving away from a Windows based server some years ago made everything case-sensitive.

If you give me the URL I am reasonably sure I can find it.

Bill
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Looking for older post - 01/21/17 09:04 AM
Sparkyinak,
What "area" would have this been posted in?
Sorry, just trying to help out here. smile
Posted By: Texas_Ranger Re: Looking for older post - 01/21/17 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Admin
Originally Posted by Texas_Ranger
We haven't lost much at all over the years, but moving away from a Windows based server some years ago made everything case-sensitive.

If you give me the URL I am reasonably sure I can find it.

Thanks!
I'll have to check where I put the printouts since I can't find the newer thread where we discussed this. That thread was about a picture with "fuse replacements", e.g. crescent wrench, allen wrench etc and originally posted in 2004 or even earlier.
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: Looking for older post - 01/23/17 08:27 AM
Probably in the general discussion area. It was a well written post defining the differenVecbetween just installing electrical versus being an electrcian
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: Looking for older post - 01/26/17 06:35 AM
I may be on to something.....
© ECN Electrical Forums