ECN Forum
Posted By: mazspeed Need Help with C10 licence in California - 01/29/03 01:29 AM
I need some help here.. I have taken the California Contractor's license test and have failed it 5 times. I study the home material and still cannot pass it for whatever reasons. I pretty much need a tutor and I'm willing to pay for it. I have 2 of these "Guaranteed" pass school books and they for me have been useless for me.
Thanks in Advance
Mike
Posted By: caselec Re: Need Help with C10 licence in California - 01/29/03 01:37 AM
What part of the test are you having a problem with the law or the trade?

Curt
Both.. I scored 67 percent on the last law test and 58 on the trade which makes no sence because I was in the union and went though the 5 year school. I'm a bad test taker and always have been, but I don't know why I cannot pass this test.

Mike
mike...maybe you should look at some videos.years ago i was having trouble with motors calculations and the code.well after looking around i found this site,tom henry.electrical books and videos.well i can tell you it was a big help to me.step by step instructions.and if you miss it,just rewind the tape.on your test you have 2 to 4 questions on motors right?pick up the tape.and good luck next time.
http://www.code-electrical.com/examvideos.html

also check out the ecn bookstore as well,at this web site.

[This message has been edited by lighthouse (edited 01-28-2003).]
Hey Lighthouse.. I have seen that before, but my problem is that I need one on one training. Or at least some classes that can deal with both law and code. It's almost like I need someone to guide me though this ordeal. I have to turn down all this work due to not having a license. Like I said, I'm willing to pay whatever to pass this test.. :-)

Mike
mike...sorry i can't help you with the law.but the books and videos in the above link was a big help to me.and i'm not trying to sell you a book or video either.the motor tape was was a big help and calculations workbook was a big help too.mike pick up the motor tape.it's worth it.if the test has 4? on motors at what? 1.5 points each.trust me on this one.
Ill try the tapes but will also need some tutor time as well.. I really thank you for your time guys.. Let me know if anyone is in the Nor Cal area..

Cheers
Mike
Mike,
I would advise you to check out Mike Holt's web site. He offers a home study course that is excellent. I'm not sure if he does his week long crash courses in your area. I passed the Florida State test on the first try using his material.
What's the URL to his site?

Thanks
Mike
mike.here the link to mike holts site as well
http://www.mikeholt.com/
I spoke to them today and they said that I should get one on one training.. any ideas?

Thansk again :-)
Cheers
Mike
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Need Help with C10 licence in California - 01/30/03 03:41 AM
Is having a {temporary?} Responsible Managing Officer or Responsible Managing Employee out of the question?
Hey Bjarney That is not out of the question at all.. what did you have in mind?

Cheers
Mike

mazspeed@redshift.com
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Need Help with C10 licence in California - 01/30/03 06:27 PM
Basic info at http://www.cslb.ca.gov/services/forms%2Bcontent.asp
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Need Help with C10 licence in California - 01/31/03 04:49 AM
Scott (Bjarney),

Good call on the RMO / RME option!

This might work out in the long run as a good way to begin a Partnership, at least to find out how another EC does things.

Also helpful in finding reliable employees (well, most of the time [Linked Image]...)

Scott35 S.E.T.
Contact me Bjarney maz@redshift.com
Let me know what you had in mind..

Cheers
Mike
© ECN Electrical Forums