ECN Forum
Posted By: brsele Yale Chain Hoist - 05/30/15 12:25 AM
I have a customer with a Yale 2 Ton chain hoist.
Model # ELC4001CSA
It's a dual voltage model wired for 115V.
It's controlled with a Square D Hoist Contactor, Class 8965, Type R010.

The power cord was ripped out of it and judging by the black soot, there was a lot of arcing in the process.
So much arcing in fact. that the wiring diagram inside the unit is unreadable.

It's an old unit and I can't find any info on it on the internet.

I'm thinking that if I can find them on the contactor that the black should tie in with T5 and the white should tie in with T1.

Anybody have any experience with these?

Thanks... Bruce
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Yale Chain Hoist - 05/30/15 01:58 AM
The connection to the line side of the contactor should be pretty straight forward. If it pulled out of the motor it might be a tad trickier. Basically just 2 in and 2 out. Since it sounds like you are breaking both poles, it might not even matter that much which is which.
Posted By: brsele Re: Yale Chain Hoist - 05/30/15 06:13 PM
I thought that it was going to be straight forward, but it's not, at least not for me. Nothing is marked, everything is a spade connection, and there's multiple options depending on voltage, speed, reversing, etc.

If I had a wiring diagram, no problem.
However, without one and having no experience with these, I'm reduced to tracing everything back.

I just posted here, hoping that somebody either had first hand knowledge, or access to a wiring diagram.
Posted By: mbhydro Re: Yale Chain Hoist - 05/30/15 10:15 PM
You might have more luck emailing one of distributors and see if they have one. Fastinal in Canada as far as I know services them.
© ECN Electrical Forums