ECN Forum
Posted By: Lostazhell At least the fire dept is close by..... - 02/18/15 06:02 AM
First POCO meter I've ever seen in danger of being hit with a weed wacker!

[Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com]

https://goo.gl/maps/GhZM8
Must be the land of Oz.
The meter readers are all Munchkins there

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: At least the fire dept is close by..... - 02/18/15 03:20 PM
Looks like power & control for the firehouse traffic control signal???

Originally Posted by HotLine1
Looks like power & control for the firehouse traffic control signal???

Affirmative Sir! blink
Posted By: electure Re: At least the fire dept is close by..... - 02/20/15 04:53 AM

I have 1 question

laugh Why in the heck are you lurking around the streets of Huntsville, Alabama on Google Maps anyway Randy ? laugh

Posted By: HotLine1 Re: At least the fire dept is close by..... - 02/20/15 02:41 PM
I have to fess up that I lurked around Google Earth to see that surrounding area.

Guess it is the inquisitive nature of me.
Originally Posted by electure

I have 1 question

laugh Why in the heck are you lurking around the streets of Huntsville, Alabama on Google Maps anyway Randy ? laugh

I detected an NEC service height violation! cool

Actually someone posted a link about a ped signal at the intersection up the street and I just browsed over and saw this gem.
Posted By: electure Re: At least the fire dept is close by..... - 02/21/15 06:40 PM
Google Earth is a great work tool.

I use it the regular view to look at roofs, where the A/C equipment is, and to get a general idea of the layout of the property. One tool is the ruler where you can get dimensions.

In Street view I use it to see what kind of condition the building is in (I've avoided some real dumps that way) laugh

I admit I go there regularly to get views of far away places, in regular as well as the Street view too, out of curiosity

We used google street view for a "site" visit on a meeting/conference call from 3 different states. Had everything we needed on the screen
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: At least the fire dept is close by..... - 02/22/15 01:37 AM
Quite a few twp dept's use it regularly. Engineering, Zoning, Building Dept's, to name a few.

Our property appraiser has their own aerial photo program and they get more detail than Google. That is the gold standard around here. You get straight overheads with a number of overlays (right of ways, property lines, flood map, easements etc) and there is also a series of obliques from the four quadrant points for most properties.
© ECN Electrical Forums