ECN Forum
I have to run 8/3 from the panel to a spa pack outdoors for a spa. My concern is locating the Spa Pack beside the gas line that comes from in the house to the BBQ. It is limited where I can bring the wire to the outside. I do not see anything in the Canadian Code. Maybe a gas code? Any thoughts?
I have never seen any requirements for separation in the electric or gas codes.
This is an example of where the exact wording of the various codes matters.

Your gas utility will have it's codes posted on the internet. A typical requirement will be that anything that sparks (like a breaker) has to be at least 3 ft (straight line, any angle) from anything that vents gas (lie a regulator).

I would assume that a GFCI sparks when it opens a circuit under load. I would assume that a simple gas line does N OT vent gas; therefore, there is no spacing required.
Based on the description from the OP, I see no problem with the location as described.

As Reno said, there is NO direct reference within the codes.

Please keep in mind that the OP is from Canada, and all of the responses are from US guys.

Looking at the Manitoba gas rules and the illustration shows that there can't be anything within 1 meter (3 ft) of the gas regulator. It appears to be based on CSA code so it should be the same across Canada.

If its just the pipe I don't see any restrictions but probably best to just call the local inspection office and have the gas / plumbing inspector confirm.
CEC 2-234 Electrical equipment near combustible gas equipment

When installed outdoors, arc producing electrical equipment shall not be installed within 1m of the discharge of a combustible gas relief device or vent.
© ECN Electrical Forums