ECN Forum
Posted By: rowdyrudy Second Reading - 01/25/03 02:28 PM
The second reading passed after considerable discussion. One of the informal agreements is that myself and another supporter, also a PE, provide 90 days of assistance to the inspectors who will be hired. This at no cost to the county. After talking it over, Neil and I decided if that is what was needed to get the NEC approved we would do it.
Third and final reading on the 31st. Wonder what suprises await.
Rowdy
Posted By: txsparky Re: Second Reading - 01/25/03 08:32 PM
Maybe they will throw in some clauses like this...from the City of Conroe,Texas...

No conductor smaller than #12 AWG shall be permitted within the city limits with the exception of control wiring. All switch legs shall be #12 AWG or larger. All nonmetallic cable shall be 12/2 with ground for all power outlets, switch legs not being considered a power outlet. No more than two (2) outlets shall be allowed on one (1) circuit in the following areas: Breakfast rooms, utility areas, kitchens. Every major appliance shall be on a separate circuit. All air conditioning compressors and air handling units to be on separate circuits. All receptacles shall be the grounding type

(g) Under no condition shall MC cable, BX or BXL be used for any installation.

Although it says only two outlets to a circuit in kitchen,I've never seen it enforced.

[This message has been edited by txsparky (edited 01-25-2003).]

[This message has been edited by txsparky (edited 01-25-2003).]
© ECN Electrical Forums