ECN Forum
Posted By: stonewhite sidewinder bending short offsets... - 12/17/13 04:26 AM
hello

I am trying to accomplish a 1" offset on 2" rigid--using a Greenlee sidewinder.

As you know, the 30 degree method (doubling the offset dimension) will not work, as the hook needs more than 2" conduit for the second bend.

There is, of course, a method using a 'pull through' dimension--the pull through dimension is marked at the far edge of the bender's roller conduit support. This allows for two smaller degree bends for the offset. Instead of using a chart listing small offsets (and using a protractor), you simply work with the 'pull through' figures...

Not having used it for a while, I would ask you for the 'step-by-step' procedure to jog my memory.

Each conduit size has its own pull-through dimension...

thank you!

ps: with all of the You Tube videos online, no one has covered this in a brief tutorial--I'd be willing to PayPal compensate someone for a brief YT demonstration...
Posted By: rmiell Re: sidewinder bending short offsets... - 01/28/14 12:27 AM
I thought I could find the instructions from Greenlee, however you have to specify what tool your using. I would suggest you go here to get the instruction book, and hopefully it will be spelled out in detail. If you get a "handle" on it, reply back with what you found, it might help others in the same situation.

Link: http://www.greenlee.com/documentsearch.aspx

Rick Miell
© ECN Electrical Forums