ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 01/12/13 12:17 AM
One of our new Members, Ron Kipper, is a longtime Ideal Corporate Trainer that conducts 1 day seminars for contractors on how to install phone, data, video and audio systems in residential applications.
He has over 80 videos on YouTube (at Ron Kipper DataComm) on Industry related topics including information on how to trace, install, terminate and test a variety of cables with specific information on the use and capabilities of Ideal products.

He has a number of returned, but fully functional testers (including model(s) 61–340 digital multmeter's, 61–746 clamp meters, 33–856 VDV voice, data, coax testers and 33–864 tone and probes) he would like to give away to people that subscribe to his channel. He will pick 5 people each week for the next 6 weeks.

Bill
thumbs
Posted By: Admin Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 01/12/13 09:54 PM
Bump
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 01/12/13 10:35 PM
Done... I could've used that tracer yesterday, troubleshooting security cams on 5e all day :P
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 01/12/13 11:14 PM
Sweet! Thanks for passing this along, Bill!! grin
Posted By: RonKipperDatacom Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 01/13/13 09:13 PM
Hey Guys

Watching Atlanta beat Seattle...
I have noticed a bump in views and subscriptions Thanks for the help.
I'll be picking guys this coming Friday.
Thanks for watching
Posted By: RonKipperDatacom Free IDEAL Tester Give Away - 01/20/13 05:26 PM
The winners this week for the Free Tester Give Away are:

Tom Good, Joey and John Walkup (had to pick both), NCHomeimprovement, Chevelleman 2000 and Captain Smith.

Thanks for watching and tell your friends we have 5 weeks to go! I really appreciate it and hope the videos can help you in wiring low voltage stuff!.:)
Posted By: mikesh Re: Free IDEAL Tester Give Away - 01/23/13 12:57 AM
I am having trouble visiting ron's site. Maybe it is a work computer problem. I will try from home.
Posted By: RonKipperDatacom Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 01/28/13 05:06 PM
Hello Everyone. I have this weeks winners!
MrMpTech, Aulii08,electricguy1's, handyman0069 and Ed Douglas. I have all sent you a note on yout YouTube channels please get back to me and I will get the testers out this week.
Posted By: RonKipperDatacom Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 01/28/13 05:15 PM
I just added Theelectrickid and Lostazhell as winners off the forum this week. Just sent them a personal message asking them for an address to send some testers out for them.

Thanks for watching folks I really appreciate it.
Posted By: Admin Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 01/29/13 05:11 AM
Originally Posted by RonKipperDatacom
I just added Theelectrickid and Lostazhell as winners off the forum this week. Just sent them a personal message asking them for an address to send some testers out for them.

Thanks for watching folks I really appreciate it.
Thanks Ron!

thumbs
Bill
Posted By: dougwells Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 01/29/13 05:18 PM
I know electricguy1 is a Happy Camper smile
Posted By: RonKipperDatacom Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 01/31/13 03:53 PM
Hey Man

Just boxed up your tester and it will go out today!

The tester has a Cat III rating and is a great basic clamp. That rating means it is save to use in electrical distribution panels and branch circuits. I have a lot of people calling asking why their $20 Cat II rated tester is no longer working after working on three phase power or 480 lighting.
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 02/01/13 01:26 AM
My tester arrived today, I opted for a clamp meter and am thoroughly impressed.

Thanks again Ron!
Posted By: JoeKP Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 02/02/13 05:26 PM
i just killed my last meter worth a shot before I buy another!
Posted By: RonKipperDatacom Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 02/04/13 06:02 PM
Hey This weeks winners are Roggamer100, scott1533, Randy Flockton, Smitty2445 and Joseph Perry! As soon as I hear back from them I will get their testers sent!
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 02/06/13 06:49 AM
Mine showed up today! Compact little thing with most of the features I'd expect in a normal bulky clamp meter! Occasionally I need to read DC amps (for testing cathodic protection and UPS maintenance) Otherwise, my Fluke 376 with the fading display is going to the back of the tool bin laugh

A big thanks to Ron @ Ideal! yay
Posted By: dougwells Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 02/06/13 08:24 AM
My 25 yo analogue amprobe rs1 and 25 yo fluke 75 ddm are now retired
Posted By: RonKipperDatacom Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 02/08/13 07:09 PM
Hey Man

glad you can use the meter! I appreciate you watching my YouTube stuff.

Use it well
Posted By: RonKipperDatacom Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 02/08/13 07:11 PM
Happy to help you out. I don't know if you will get 25 years of of the meter I sent you but it sounds like you take care of your tools.
Posted By: RonKipperDatacom Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 02/11/13 04:07 PM
There are only 2 weeks left in the tester give away! This weeks winners are bertkej, starlite528, Victor Munoz, sethadams1846, Joe4ever18, and Donald Cox. I will be mailing them a tester this week when they get back to me.
Posted By: RonKipperDatacom Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 02/18/13 03:18 PM
This weeks winners are chardero, Jim McKay, PetrosArgy, Mike Bruemmer and badshocker. I will send them a tester this week once I hear from them. Just 2 weeks left on the promo so subscribe to the Ron Kipper Datacomm channel.
Posted By: JoeTestingEngr Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 02/19/13 03:35 AM
My VDV-856 showed up today. Nice tester! I learned that 3 & 4 are reversed on our handset cords. No wonder folks don't understand when I get into circuit theory over the phone.
Thanks again Ron & Ideal!
Posted By: JoeKP Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 02/19/13 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by RonKipperDatacom
Hey This weeks winners are Roggamer100, scott1533, Randy Flockton, Smitty2445 and Joseph Perry! As soon as I hear back from them I will get their testers sent!

mine came in last friday! smile
already used it over a dozen times either with the most recent few jobs, and working on the new quads!
Posted By: RonKipperDatacom Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 02/25/13 03:48 PM
Winners in this weeks Tester Give Away! Celtichongy, Pat Crowe, IIan Basrawi, Don Bonick, Jeff Madden, davepflorida. I will be sending them one of testers this week once I hear back from them.

Thanks for watching the video's hope I have passed something along that you can use.
Posted By: RonKipperDatacom Re: Ideal Tester Info and Giveaways - 03/09/13 07:23 PM
Just to let you all know the promo is over but it may come back sometime.........

Either way if you are in dire need of a tester and I have one I'd be glad to help you out.

Thanks for watching the channel
© ECN Electrical Forums