ECN Forum
Posted By: iwire Push On Wire Connectors - 01/09/03 11:58 PM
TRANSPARENT PUSH-WIRE CONNECTOR
http://www.wago.com/catalog/en_us/products/search/index.htm

In the company I work for some of the formen are starting to use these in place of wirenuts.
Now I do about 20% of the warrenty calls for a company that does over $50 Mil. a year in sales.

I think I just got job security for a long time. [Linked Image]

Has anyone had any longterm expirence with these?

I never liked "speedwire" connections on outlets now we can have entire lighting circuits with weak, at best, connections.

The link I gave does not show a UL Listing but they are, and come with diffrent amounts of holes from 2 to 6 #12awg
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Push On Wire Connectors - 01/10/03 12:05 AM
Iwire:
We came across a few problems with this type item, and yes, it was lighting circuits, mostly open neutral splices. Of course it was in a wireway (troff) that you could barely reach on a 12' A, and yes, it was usually at the end of a trying day.

We have not purchased or used these.

A while back there was mention of them in a thread...I believe they are widely used and accepted on the other side of the pond.

BTW, I think it's great that guys all over the world drop by here. Hello PaulUK, TRumpy and all you other overseas guys.
John
Posted By: master66 Re: Push On Wire Connectors - 01/10/03 12:07 AM
The company that I am now working for uses them religiously.

We are doing an appartment building and I am in charge of the common areas. There is another foreman in charge of the appartments.

They are using them in the appartments but I am NOT using them in the common areas for fear of failure also. Thier use is optional.

I asked the super about them and he said that they have been using them for some time now and have had no trouble with them. But, I'm with you... it reminds me of the speed wire receptacles also.
Posted By: John Steinke Re: Push On Wire Connectors - 01/10/03 01:47 AM
I have found them unreliable only when they are used on wire that has previously been twisted & nutted. They are also a challenge to remove. Be sure to use ones with an extra slot for future use!
Posted By: dana1028 Re: Push On Wire Connectors - 01/10/03 02:23 AM
the only place we use them is for fluor. lighting retrofit.
Posted By: arseegee Re: Push On Wire Connectors - 01/10/03 02:53 AM
Use them some on resi jobs. Not sold on them yet.
© ECN Electrical Forums