ECN Forum
Hi:
Has anyone used Master Bender from www.masterbender.com ?
I was told that the math is better for bending with Master
Bender rather than the old cosecant method.
You end up with less waste and faster work.

see http://www.electrician2.com/electa1/offset.html

Warning!!! the math in the article may be too much for
most electricians.
So that explains why I'm always dog leggin pipe, lol
No wait! Crap

Very impressive read
Well with more conduit coming from China that is sometimes not the best just adds to more problems-more waste. So
you have to get it right the first time otherwise your
"bone pile" will be very large.
You know that's a great thought , is it just me or has anyone else seen conduit easier to kink lately
When ever I have time, I gonna read the article. I have iBend Pipe for my iPhone. Although I have not used it yet it came with great reviews and math seems to work. It has a level that will adjust to the type of bend you are doing. Basic bends and offsets I can just punch out. Looking fwd to use for more complicated bends
It looks very interesting, but I’m not sure if other than maybe when using stationary equipment and doing multi-shot bends, that I could see anyone having the actual need or time to use an app for most routine hand bending and offsets we do in the field. I can just imagine the look on the foreman’s face when he sees one guy using his iPhone app to make simple bends and offsets with a hand bender, and another guy with a tape measure and torpedo level that is three bends ahead of him.
I would never do offsets with iphone app.
nor stubs, back to back 90, kicks.

In less than 10 seconds I can get 3 or 4 pt data
an no one can do this longhand in this time.
How do hold a Iphone & bend conduit @ the same time. If conduit kinks while bending using to much power
Make the bend then hold it to the pipe like a level. I have never done it in the field with basic stubs and offsets.
© ECN Electrical Forums