ECN Forum
Posted By: ga.sparky56 common sense - 01/02/03 11:39 PM
Just saw a tv news story about a family in Atlanta whose servic entrance shorted.So they go and rent a generator, looked as though they were using extension cords to run some things. They put the generator in the crawlspace,RUNNING! Fire dept said There was 20 times the normal carbon monoxide level in the house.Fortunatly, no one was seriuosly affected.WOW!
Posted By: sparkync Re: common sense - 01/02/03 11:51 PM
Makes you wonder, (for people who just aren't
knowledgeable of such basic hazards) if a course in basic safety, in different catagories should be taught in grade school [Linked Image]
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: common sense - 01/03/03 12:11 AM
One thing I learned early on is that sense is not common to about 75% of the people populating the Earth.
Posted By: Currently Re: common sense - 01/03/03 12:18 AM
Yup, everytime I need some well grounded reality checks, I go to:
http://official.darwinawards.com

Joe T's links to accidents are a little too sobering for me. <shudder>
No slight intended towards Joe, seeing them once was educational enough!
Posted By: Trumpy Re: common sense - 01/03/03 05:19 AM
How STUPID, can you get,
I thought that this would be the last thing that you would put up in your roof! [Linked Image]
Posted By: nesparky Re: common sense - 01/03/03 05:26 AM
Trumpy
Crawl space are typically under a house.
Posted By: Wirenuttt Re: common sense - 01/03/03 01:18 PM
I sometimes ask people if they have RARE sense. They look at me perplexed, I conclude that common sense is so uncommon.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: common sense - 01/03/03 09:59 PM
I'm afraid that common sense seems to be a rapidly vanishing commodity.

Why bother using it when you can have an army of lawyers to sue manufacturers for not including in their manuals warnings against doing things that no sane person would try to do? [Linked Image]

Like the guy who tried to sue the NYC Transit Authority on the grounds that they hadn't done enough to make him aware of the danger of jumping in front of a subway train. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums