ECN Forum

Dog electrocuted by cover plate in sidewalk.

Posted By: wa2ise

Dog electrocuted by cover plate in sidewalk. - 12/02/10 01:55 AM

http://www.king5.com/home/Dog-electrocuted--110984744.html

Quote
Seattle city Light Superintendent Jorge Carrasco on Tuesday issued an open letter to customers, saying "On Thanksgiving, a dog was electrocuted on Queen Anne Avenue when it came into contact with a metal plate covering some electrical wires for four streetlights. This was a tragic incident and devastating for the family that owned the dog. We are truly sorry for their loss of a beloved family member. I want to assure the public that as soon as City Light was made aware of the situation, we responded by de-energizing the electrical service. Our crews investigated the cause. We discovered that the original installation in 2006 did not include proper grounding of the four lights. Our crews have made the necessary repairs to all these lights and tested for any potential electrical charges. There is no electrical charge to any of the lights or groundcover plates. All the streetlights are functioning. We want the public to be assured that this was an isolated incident. We are researching our records to determine whether there are similar lights elsewhere in our system. If we find there are, they will be inspected and any necessary repairs will be made immediately.
Posted By: sparky

Re: Dog electrocuted by cover plate in sidewalk. - 12/05/10 03:15 AM

It shouldn't happen to a dog wa2ise


i happen to like dogs, in fact i think most dogs are better people than people

conversley, i ended up getting a job rewiring about 30 ungrounded street lights in a small town, a good % no longer functioned, and there was a dead dog involved as well

i was NOT amused at the 'took a piss on the lamp postand died with a dog smile' quips from a few nefarious sorts i met

they should have been bit imho.....i guess maybe i'm just a dog trapped in a man's body

WOOF!

~S~
© 2021 ECN Electrical Forums