ECN Forum
Posted By: sparkync Code Book Size? - 12/20/02 10:32 PM
Am I all along, or is there anybody else that liked the old size of the Code Books better?? I was referring to my old 1996 Code Book and it feels so much better to handle and find things in... Reckon there would ever be a chance of it returning [Linked Image]
Just wondering, maybe it's just me.... Steve
Posted By: sparky Re: Code Book Size? - 12/20/02 10:57 PM
yeah,used to fit mine in the pocket of the klien bag, no more....... [Linked Image]
Posted By: Wirenuttt Re: Code Book Size? - 12/20/02 11:18 PM
If there is anything we could do to get that original size code book back in action, you get my vote.
Posted By: sparkync Re: Code Book Size? - 12/20/02 11:23 PM
Wonder if we get up a petition with signed names, if it would do any good??? Or put it before the "Counsel"??
Posted By: The Watt Doctor Re: Code Book Size? - 12/20/02 11:55 PM
Sorry guys. I like the new size. IMHO, in this case, bigger is better.

The odd man out,
Doc
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: Code Book Size? - 12/21/02 12:14 AM
How about a compromise? I think the current version is great for the office, but why don't they come out with a field version, smaller in size and condensed? Kind of like the Cliff's Notes version of the NEC.
Posted By: sparkync Re: Code Book Size? - 12/21/02 12:26 AM
Sounds like a great idea Electric Eagle [Linked Image]
Who do we talk to???
Posted By: Ron Re: Code Book Size? - 12/21/02 01:40 AM
NFPA beat you to it, regarding condensing the code book. http://www.nfpa.org/catalog/product.asp?category%5Fname=Electrical&pid=PGNECRES02&src=catalog http://www.nfpa.org/catalog/product.asp?category%5Fname=Electrical&pid=PGNECIND02&src=catalog
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: Code Book Size? - 12/22/02 02:37 AM
Thanks for the post Ron. I think I'm going to buy one of these for every truck.
Posted By: pauluk Re: Code Book Size? - 12/22/02 12:08 PM
The same happened here when the 1981 edition of IEE Regs. went to "A4" size (almost the same as U.S. standard letter size).

The earlier editions were smaller, and much easier to carry around.
Posted By: electure Re: Code Book Size? - 12/22/02 02:58 PM
The old size sure fit and stayed on the dashboard much better. Gets my vote.
If a dumbell like me would have tried to convert the old Code book to metric dimensions, well...it would have come out the size of the new book, or maybe the size of an Ugly's...S
© ECN Electrical Forums