ECN Forum
Posted By: Sixer Hoarders - 02/17/10 12:08 AM
We were called to do some cleanup of wiring in a basement of a home. All the work was within the basement but we did have to go to the main floor to check out receptacles and lighting to find where some of the wires were going.

I was shocked at the condition of the main floor. This is the home of a single woman who obviously has a problem. In the 17 years I've been in business, this is about the worst I've seen. I'm just glad she didn't want additional counter receptacles laugh

Obviously we didn't bother looking for most of the receptacles. I couldn't resist dragging out the cam and sharing these with you.

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com] [Linked Image from electrical-photos.com] [Linked Image from electrical-photos.com] [Linked Image from electrical-photos.com] [Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

Posted By: wire twister Re: Hoarders - 02/17/10 12:44 AM
Sometimes I feel like my truck is that way, and still do not have everything I need on it.
Posted By: Sixer Re: Hoarders - 02/17/10 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by wire twister
Sometimes I feel like my truck is that way, and still do not have everything I need on it.

You probably have everything you need on it, you just can't find it LOL.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Hoarders - 02/17/10 01:22 AM
Nice!!!

Posted By: aussie240 Re: Hoarders - 02/17/10 01:37 AM
Here's what happens when someone becomes addicted to eBay:
http://www.randomthink.net/misc/ebay/
I like to hoard stuff too, but not like this!
Posted By: Rewire Re: Hoarders - 02/17/10 01:51 AM
Ihate throwing anything away just as soon as I do the next day Ifind a use for it. I have alot of electrical junk in our storage building that I have been "saving" that I probably need to get rid of.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Hoarders - 02/17/10 05:17 AM
My spaces are packed that but my wife won't let me have a lot of rooms. She likes the place to look nice.
I do have a garage, 2 sheds and my computer room in the house.
I do try to store things methodically tho. I have shelves, bins and cabinets, somewhat sorted and boxed. My ex was a "throw it in a corner and stack it along the wall when the corners are all full" person. The last time I was in my old house every room was packed with paths through the middle.
She then married a guy with a house full of stuff he wouldn't part with.
Posted By: Rewire Re: Hoarders - 02/17/10 03:08 PM
I have a two year rule, if I haven't used it for two years it hits the yard sale
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Hoarders - 02/17/10 07:58 PM
I turn up lots of stuff I have had for many years and just needed now.
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: Hoarders - 02/17/10 09:08 PM
I can pretty much warrant that if I get shot of something, I'll need it the following week and end up at the store! That lady's house is at least clean, dusted and organised. She just has too much stuff fighting for too little storage space.
Compare her home to this dirty trollop's!
Warning! I had to turn this off after a few minutes! sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nypa0x6Q3Tc&feature=related
Posted By: Rewire Re: Hoarders - 02/18/10 01:14 AM
I really should get rid of the 200 FP 20 amp breakers I have collected
Posted By: Texas_Ranger Re: Hoarders - 02/18/10 02:11 PM
I've seen a few places like that, but surprisingly nothing was alive there when I saw it - not even dead carcasses anywhere to be found, just dirt of all kinds imagineable. Even the kitchen sink with dirty dishes that had been covered with boards to serve as a shelf for 2 foot tall stacks of paper had any signs of mold - just dried up food from 20 years ago.
Posted By: ChicoC10 Re: Hoarders - 02/23/10 02:37 AM
I grew up in that only with a dozen cats that were never quite house trained. She's doing fine if it's not a bio hazard.
Leave the woman alone. Its called freedom.

However I do now believe in the Critical Mass Theorem.
If you can't find it when you need it you might as well not have it.
Posted By: testguy Re: Hoarders - 02/23/10 05:30 PM
Macro economics: consistently spend more than you make, you go broke.

Macro hoarding: consistently collect more stuff than you get rid of, your walls bulge.
Posted By: ghost307 Re: Hoarders - 02/23/10 08:23 PM
Stuff expands to fill the volume available to it.
smile
© ECN Electrical Forums