ECN Forum
Posted By: NJwirenut Another electrocution in Iraq - 09/10/09 06:52 PM
Looks like Halliburton/KBR killed another one...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112704940
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Another electrocution in Iraq - 09/10/09 08:17 PM
I see in that article tat KBR has denied having any association whatever with the camp inolved in the incident.
Posted By: wa2ise Re: Another electrocution in Iraq - 09/11/09 02:18 AM
I wonder how things are going for Joe T. over there. Though I realize that he probably can't say anything about it until his contract stint is over, or even longer if any of his work is classified.
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Another electrocution in Iraq - 09/13/09 03:50 AM
I recently spoke to one of the Army engineers who was involved in setting up many camps and facilities during this current Iraqi Campaign. Loosly quoted, he had this to say:

"You would not believe some of the things that took place. part was untrained personnel and uneducated local labor; more was direct command interference that prevented us from doing our jobs. We were not able to plan things properly because of last-minute desires of local area commanders; attempts to standardise things were futile. Often we had to provide utilities that were either way too big, or were way too small, because of interference by the local command. Adding to this was the efforts of some 'cost-plus' contractors to sell their 'upgrades' to local commands."
© ECN Electrical Forums