ECN Forum
Posted By: Tripp Crouse-Hinds breakers - 07/13/09 09:21 PM
Hey y'all. Anyone know where I can get my hands on some Crouse-Hinds breakers? Specifically, I need a 2-p 30a, "Type F."

Much obliged.

- Tripp
Posted By: Tripp Re: Crouse-Hinds breakers - 07/13/09 09:22 PM
P.S. I have already tried online at NABCO.

-Tripp
Posted By: mikesh Re: Crouse-Hinds breakers - 07/14/09 12:22 AM
I did not know they made them. Are you sure they are made by CH and not for CH panels by some other manufacturer like Cutler Hammer? I know they makes lots of things for hazardous locations and conduit fittings etc. but not breakers?
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Crouse-Hinds breakers - 07/14/09 12:54 AM
Crouse Hinds CB's were around here (NJ) along with the panels, at 'local' supply houses. I can't say that I have seen any in a while.

Edit:
Vagely remember Murray

just did a quick Google....there's are a few sites
Posted By: mikesh Re: Crouse-Hinds breakers - 07/14/09 01:12 AM
I just visited crouse hinds web site and by coincidence one of their Hazardous location breaker enclosures use Cutler Hammer Breakers for 15 to 100 amps.
The larger breakers are listed as FLB and I have no idea who makes those.
Posted By: Tripp Re: Crouse-Hinds breakers - 07/14/09 02:04 AM
These particular breakers have grooved sides, such that they will slide in only next to another breaker of the same make and model. Ring a bell anyone?
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Crouse-Hinds breakers - 07/14/09 02:34 AM
Siemens bought the Crouse-Hinds line from Cooper & restored the former Murray name when they did that, they dropped the Murray circuit breakers & rebadged the I-T-E design breakers they already were manufacturing.

Your best bet may be a electrical liquidator or other elect. surplus dealer.
Posted By: electure Re: Crouse-Hinds breakers - 07/14/09 03:32 AM
Are you sure you're looking for a type "F" breaker?

Tandems (the ones with the little bitty bus clips & the grooved sides) were, if I remember correctly, a type MH (either with the suffix -L for left clip, or - R for the right clip).
Posted By: Tripp Re: Crouse-Hinds breakers - 07/14/09 03:41 AM
Yes, it is labeled "Type F," "Class CTL."
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Crouse-Hinds breakers - 07/17/09 04:15 AM
Oooh, I remember those. Challenger made the same style with the cheesy little clip that's supposed to carry 30A. The clip is smaller than a Zinsco clip, and most of us smell $$$ when we hear a customer say "Zinsco" laugh

When I ran across these I'd usually rework newer style twin/quad breakers in to make things happen due to the amount of failures I've seen with the clips.

The 2 pole is a Crouse Hinds MH230
[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

And umm..... This place wants $54.00 for one! sick
Posted By: Tripp Re: Crouse-Hinds breakers - 07/17/09 06:38 AM
Yup, that's what I have. Thanks. (We decided to go with a whole new panel. :))

Tripp
© ECN Electrical Forums