ECN Forum
Posted By: John Dunn Coaxial Cable Braid Clamp - 03/06/09 01:28 AM
I need to conect to the braid of RG-59B/U with some kind of clamp over the cable's braid. The interface is to a circuit board. Soldering the braid is not viable because the inner dielectric could melt and this cable is supporting 3 kV. Can anyone offer a suggested clamp, manufacturer and/or part number?

Thank you.
Posted By: dougwells Re: Coaxial Cable Braid Clamp - 03/06/09 01:56 AM
These were from channel master 30 years ago i still have a few left. I have the tool for them too, but in a pinch, a person could pinch them with a set of needle nose pliers laugh

Attached picture RG59 Crimp Rings0001.JPG
Posted By: dougwells Re: Coaxial Cable Braid Clamp - 03/06/09 02:07 AM
I have seen them used many years ago for the HV lead that went to the old CRT TV picture tubes too
Posted By: brianl703 Re: Coaxial Cable Braid Clamp - 03/06/09 06:27 PM
Radio Shack used to sell those crimp rings. Maybe they still do. Even if they don't I bet you could find a RadioShack that still has some in stock...
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Coaxial Cable Braid Clamp - 03/06/09 06:57 PM
MCM Electronics carries all kinds of that stuff. Check out their web site at www.MCMInone.com
Posted By: KJay Re: Coaxial Cable Braid Clamp - 03/08/09 01:52 AM
It's too bad the OP didn't post a picture of the interface connection in question. It's kind of like a shot in the dark as to guessing at what may or may not work for him.
At 3kV though, it almost sounds like he needs some type of modified spark plug connector.
© ECN Electrical Forums