ECN Forum
Posted By: Obsaleet Military Bases - 01/30/09 05:21 AM
Check this article out

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/29/kbr.electrical/index.html

Ob
Posted By: SteveFehr Re: Military Bases - 01/30/09 02:12 PM
It's a sad state of affairs when speed is prioritized over safety. People are often ignorant of the problems, and building codes and inspections like we "enjoy" in the US simply don't exist in other parts of the world- if you scrape some insulation to hot-tape a line, and string out some speaker cable to a receptacle and plug your stuff in and it works, it's right, right?

The good news is, I do believe KBR has hired Joe Tedesco to fix these problems! He posted a thread about it in the non-US forum a few months ago.
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Military Bases - 01/30/09 06:28 PM
I appreciate everyone's genuine concern for our troops. Yet, the sceptic in me suspects that this issue will vanish as soon as the new administration settles in.
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Military Bases - 01/31/09 04:19 AM
Originally Posted by renosteinke
Yet, the sceptic in me suspects that this issue will vanish as soon as the new administration settles in.

Since the whole thing can & will get rather political, I will refrain from further comment.... whistle
Posted By: noderaser Re: Military Bases - 01/31/09 05:51 AM
Wasn't this can of worms already opened?
Posted By: wa2ise Re: Military Bases - 01/31/09 07:18 AM
I imagine Joe will have lots of stories to tell when he gets back home. And if he's allowed to take pictures, tons of interesting material.
© ECN Electrical Forums