ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Electrical-Photos.com Website back Online! - 01/08/09 06:59 AM
The Electrical-Photos.com Website is back online.

You can create your own Albums and also choose to put photos into Categories there to share with all.

When files are uploaded they are resized automatically into Large, Medium and Thumbnail photos. (The Medium size is great for posting in Forums like ECN)

I urge all Members to make good use of it. I will be performing my own regular backups this time. blush

>> Electrical-Photos.com

Bill
smile
Posted By: Admin Re: Electrical-Photos.com Website back Online! - 01/09/09 03:58 AM
Here's an updated copy of my prior attempt at a tutorial. If anyone has any additional tips to add feel free to do so.

I have set up a Website for uploads of Electrical Photos ( www.Electrical-Photos.com ) where Members can create an Album of your own and/or add contributions to categories there. When a photo is uploaded there it is automatically resized into different sized photos and the file size is significantly reduced, making the pictures more 'Forum Friendly' and faster loading.

Here's some step-by-step info:

After registration you can choose to create an album by clicking on the 'My Albums' link on the left side top and then 'Create a New Album' on the next page, choose a name, description etc. etc.

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

After registration you can add comments to any existing photos, or upload your own. To upload you can either go to an Album you created or cliock the 'upload' link towards the top right of page:

On the Upload screen (photo below) you can choose an existing category there to upload a photo to (ie Bad, Nostalgia, etc) and/or an Album of your own. Select up to 3 photos on your Computer to upload by using the Browse buttons. (current combined limit of 25MB), and you can add a general Title, Description & Keywords etc. if you choose, (These can also be added or changed later by you). Click the Upload/Submit button when done.

Note: A second Upload screen may come up giving you another chance to add some information about the photo(s) - click 'Process' when done.

To see the photos you can go to the Category that you put them in, or your Album.

If you'd like to post one of the photos to a Forum there are several ways to do that. If you go to that picture and click on the little icon to the right under where it says 'Linked Thumbnail' (see Arrow below) you will have 3 options in front of you:

Left click in one of the boxes with your mouse and select copy. You can then past that into a Forum post and the associated photo will appear.

Here's what they will do:

Choosing the first selection will produce a small linked thumbnail that will bring someone to that photo page if they click on it. This will give them the option to see a larger photo as well other photos within that Category or Album: (click on picture)

The Second Selection will produce a Medium sized image with the same Link: (click on picture)

The Last selection will just display the picture (no Link):

Feel free to make use of this, it is here for you. I just ask that photos uploaded are all in good taste, not Copyrighted by someone else - and Electrical Related.

BTW, if you feel the need, you have an option to add Watermarks to your own photos, but keep in mind that would be irreversible. You have a choice whether to allow others to comment (there) on your photos - or not.

If a Member wants to start a photo discussion thread on their own they can do so in one of the non-Photo Discussion areas and a Moderator will move it into one of the Photo areas if pictures from the Upload site ( www.Electrical-Photos.com ) are included.

Bill
© ECN Electrical Forums