ECN Forum
Posted By: master44 To work for someone or own my own business - 12/01/02 02:08 PM
I am 43 was in another occupation for 18 years. My father is an electrician that licence was grand fathered in in this locality. He asked me 6 years ago if I would be interested in coming back and helping him decided to do that. I now have my master block license. It seems to me there is a heel of a lot of extras and non money making things you have to do when you own your own business with all the paperwork and tax stuff to keep up with. I need to make a decision whether to buy my dad's business or work for someone else. I would like to see the country thought I could possibly get a traveling job and work for someone else. Seems like it would be easier. Trying to get some opinions from those that have done both. Either been in business for yourself and for someone else.
Posted By: mj Re: To work for someone or own my own business - 12/01/02 03:35 PM
master, i do both, ...run my own business and also work for a local goverment. it good to keep an active skill just in case i am fired.
© ECN Electrical Forums