ECN Forum
Posted By: Chris Simms Spread Sheet - 09/08/08 10:06 PM
Does anyone have a spreedsheet that you could enter reciepts in and then sort by job # with acculimative totals that you would be willing to share? I have trouble keeping up with all the reciepts from various suppliers.
Thanks Chris
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: Spread Sheet - 09/08/08 11:16 PM
I do not have one per say but if send me a little more info on what you want in the spreadsheet, I can whip you up something. I am sort of a nerd when it comes to Excel.
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Spread Sheet - 09/09/08 03:39 AM
sparkyinak

That's cool of you, compiling a Spreadsheet for Chris!!! cool

Chris Simms

Excel is an excellent Application for creating "Electronic Tools".

Try building a few simple sheets, in order to get the hang of things, then progress in to some large workbooks.

Before long, you will have a layer of dust on your Calculators!

Scott
Posted By: sparkyinak Re: Spread Sheet - 09/09/08 06:38 PM
Agree. Excel is a powerful program. Not to toot my horn, but I have made spreadsheets that pushes the limits of my processor and the program. If you understand how to apply the more complicated formulas and Macros, you can do some wicked stuff with Excel.
Posted By: SteveFehr Re: Spread Sheet - 09/10/08 05:06 PM
I've done some awesome linked spreadsheets with excel, too; you can do damned near anything within the program, dynamic pick-lists, linked buttons, linked spreadsheets and charts and automatically changing colors and complex logical operations, and if you can't get what you want, you just whip out VBA and start programming!
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Spread Sheet - 09/10/08 11:40 PM
Dbase guy here. Guess I am just old
© ECN Electrical Forums