ECN Forum
Posted By: dougwells 100 Amp main pushmatic - 07/29/08 05:51 PM
Are 100 amp 2 pole Main pushmatics available anywhere .
I understand that the prefix on the Part # has to contain the letter M
Posted By: Active 1 Re: 100 Amp main pushmatic - 07/29/08 06:03 PM
A few weeks ago I was looking for a 2 pole 100A pushmatic. I got a price of $175 to order and much more from a place that had it in stock. I was not looking for a main breaker. The story was they are not in production for the last few years and it's old stock only.

I got a used one from another EC. It had main stamped on the handle.
Posted By: dougwells Re: 100 Amp main pushmatic - 07/29/08 06:17 PM
Thanks i will have to go and see if theres a main Stamped on this customers breaker handle.
Posted By: electure Re: 100 Amp main pushmatic - 07/29/08 06:29 PM
Doug,

Pushmatic main C/B's are stamped with the letter "W" on them

(I suppose it's just "M" turned upside down laugh )
You can buy one here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/100-AMP-PUSHMAT...dZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247
Posted By: EV607797 Re: 100 Amp main pushmatic - 07/29/08 11:54 PM
I'm sure that the one with "main" stamped on the handle was just one that was removed from a factory-equipped main breaker panel. I hate to think of the hundreds of panels with those breakers that I installed back in their heyday. If I had only held onto one breaker from each panel, I'd have lots of money now. Those things were pretty standard in my area.

Now if you really want to impress me, come up with a 200 amp version. I probably installed 100 panels with factory 200 amp mains. There probably aren't any out there to speak of for sale, but that's probably because they are still working.

Can you tell that I am (was) a PushMatic fan? How many residential panels do you know of with a copper BOLTED bus?
Posted By: NORCAL Re: 100 Amp main pushmatic - 07/30/08 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by EV607797
I'm sure that the one with "main" stamped on the handle was just one that was removed from a factory-equipped main breaker panel. I hate to think of the hundreds of panels with those breakers that I installed back in their heyday. If I had only held onto one breaker from each panel, I'd have lots of money now. Those things were pretty standard in my area.

Now if you really want to impress me, come up with a 200 amp version. I probably installed 100 panels with factory 200 amp mains. There probably aren't any out there to speak of for sale, but that's probably because they are still working.

Can you tell that I am (was) a PushMatic fan? How many residential panels do you know of with a copper BOLTED bus?

Was the main a EQ frame or something else?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: 100 Amp main pushmatic - 07/30/08 12:45 AM
I'm too old to remember that stuff, but I do seem to recall EQ115 for a single pole 15. I think that EQ was ITE's standard product with 1" slots like today's Siemens, GE or Homeline, etc.
Posted By: HCE727 Re: 100 Amp main pushmatic - 07/30/08 01:23 AM
Give Westway Electrical supply a call at 610-449-8700, ask for Nick, he may have one.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: 100 Amp main pushmatic - 07/30/08 02:14 AM
I'm too old to remember that stuff, but I do seem to recall EQ115 for a single pole 15. I think that EQ was ITE's standard product with 1" slots like today's Siemens, GE or Homeline, etc.
Posted By: twh Re: 100 Amp main pushmatic - 07/30/08 02:30 AM
Eecol carries Pushmatic.

Try a pre-owned electrical equipment supplier. I don't know of one in B.C., but if we have one in Regina, they must be everywhere.
Posted By: Zapped Re: 100 Amp main pushmatic - 07/30/08 01:17 PM
I don't know if there would be a problem ordering from a retailer down here, but there is a great place in Anahiem, CA, that has just about everything and ships anywhere.

A to Z breaker...

http://local.yahoo.com/info-21086226-a-to-z-circuit-breakers-anaheim

Good luck!
Posted By: electure Re: 100 Amp main pushmatic - 07/30/08 09:03 PM
laugh Zapped,

I buy all my circuit breakers at A-Z. They're a great place, and have the best prices in town. If they don't have it, they'll find it for you.
Posted By: Zapped Re: 100 Amp main pushmatic - 07/31/08 12:53 PM
Yes electure, we are lucky to have them locally. They are the go-to guys, and they've never let me down.

I'm interested to know how they rate for mail orders. I've recommended them to many on this forum, but I've never gotten any feedback on their performance in that capacity.

Anybody?
Posted By: Rewired Re: 100 Amp main pushmatic - 08/04/08 10:27 PM
Hey Ed!
I have to agree with you, the pushmatic was a top shelf breaker.. The copper busswork was a great idea but the breaker itself was also extremely fast to trip under a fault! Maybe thats why they arent made anymore they were too darned good!

A.D
© ECN Electrical Forums