ECN Forum
Posted By: highground PLC's / RLL instruction - 02/23/08 02:21 PM
Anybody had much luck learning RLL and PLC programming on their own? It seems that every text I get is too basic, or on the other end of the spectrum.

Thanks?
Posted By: BPHgravity Re: PLC's / RLL instruction - 02/23/08 03:27 PM
Many of the PLC manufacturer's have free online training materials and in some cases, one or two day seminars. I received some excellent training from OMRON several years ago that was very comprehensive and applicable.

Contact a PLC vendor and see what programs they offer. Most will be more than happy to accomodate, especially if they think it will lead to a sale.
Posted By: JCooper Re: PLC's / RLL instruction - 02/23/08 04:04 PM
I got a decent understanding on PLC's on my own. I got one from Automationdirect for about $100 and played with it. They also have a forum you can post questions to and the folks there will seem to know their stuff.
Posted By: JValdes Re: PLC's / RLL instruction - 02/23/08 04:04 PM
Do you have PLC's where you work? Gravity is right on about free training. Lets say you have many AB PLC's in your plant or factory, you could call the vendor and inquire about training. They look at training as a sales tool. Once you learn a manufacturers product inside and out they will be able to count on you to continue to buy their equipment. Also, many manufacturers have a pay training program. You can usually get two people in for the price of one. Your relationship with the vendor will enable you to get the training and perks you need.
Everyones PLC's are not the same. Program differently ect...
Are you using one brand specifically or more than one. Check it out on their web sites to.
© ECN Electrical Forums