ECN Forum
Posted By: mj inspection procedures - 11/13/02 11:03 PM
fellow inspectors. do your city issue id cards to all electricians and helpers??
Posted By: Surge_in_fl Re: inspection procedures - 11/14/02 12:23 AM
I am not an inspector but in our area there is no id cards issued.
Posted By: wirewiz Re: inspection procedures - 11/14/02 01:17 AM
No, I think that would be a great idea. Photo, name and license number on card to be kept on your person whenever work is being performed. Or ... Maybe even posted at jobsite? I am sure that there will be some negative comments on this. What would be the downside?
Wirewiz
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: inspection procedures - 11/14/02 01:50 AM
The state of NJ issues License cards to the electrical contractor, and a business permit card. Name, address, lic. #, but no photo. We are supposed to carry it, and produce it "on demand". The stste also issues a pressure seal that is used on permit forms.

Some jobsites require ID cards that they supply, others have "visitor" or "vendor" badges.

John
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: inspection procedures - 11/14/02 02:15 AM
In MA we have the finest paper license money can buy! Last renewal (every three years) I had a nice laminated photo ID setup. This past one they went back to paper. [Linked Image]
Posted By: scjohn Re: inspection procedures - 11/14/02 02:22 AM
About two years ago, they required all lisc. master and journeymen to take time out and get a photo taken. They then issued you the pic. card and stated "We will be checking. Any job where elec. work is being done without a card carrying mast./journ. present at all times ,will be shut down and issued a fine." 2 years later, never been once approached. I still keep my state issued card on me, but through away that ugly pic. months ago.
John
© ECN Electrical Forums