ECN Forum
Posted By: master66 OSHA Requirement for Receptacle Ground - 01/20/08 09:41 PM
I know that the discussion of "Grounds up or down" have been discussed at length in multiple threads. Even though it is not an NEC requirement, in a recent thread someone mentioned that OSHA required the grounds to be up, maybe in an industrial enviornment. I have been trying to locate the thread but have had no luck. I would like to find out if this is indeed a fact and where I could find the requirement on OSHA's web site.

Thanks
Brian
The only requirement is that they are required to be grounded unless there is some obscured one or maybe some over read the regs.
Posted By: electure Re: OSHA Requirement for Receptacle Ground - 01/21/08 01:58 AM
I know that the discussion of "Grounds up or down" have been discussed at length in multiple threads

Not here, not seriously, and not for about 4 years.

There is no such OSHA requirement.
A gentleman recently made such an assertion of such a requirement in his letter, published in NEC digest. I think that's where this came from. The author provided no references or documentation.
Posted By: master66 Re: OSHA Requirement for Receptacle Ground - 01/21/08 03:05 AM
Thanks. That must be where I saw it.

Brian
Posted By: Ann Brush Re: OSHA Requirement for Receptacle Ground - 01/21/08 06:40 PM
"The author provided no references or documentation." And no-one else has any either - it's like looking for hen's teeth.
© ECN Electrical Forums