ECN Forum
Posted By: KJay Fargo clamp alternative - 12/23/07 01:40 AM
I've been using Hubbell’s Fargo clamps and insulating sleeves for connecting overhead service drops to service entrance cables at the weatherhead for some time now, but they are really a bit on the expensive side.
Can somebody recommend another product that is similar in quality and ease of installation but maybe a little less expensive?

Thanks
Posted By: Speedy Petey Re: Fargo clamp alternative - 12/24/07 04:58 PM
They are specifically what my POCO requires us to use.

They are easy but make a mess of my gloves with the de-ox they pre-apply. I'd actually rather use a crimp if they allowed it.
Posted By: KJay Re: Fargo clamp alternative - 12/26/07 04:32 AM
I was looking into those ILSCO clamps that use an Allen wrench, but saw them used on another guys job and I think they looked like crap and didn’t seem like they would be as easy install hot. I used crimp connectors in the past, but it was a royal pain working with those crimpers on a ladder.
I guess I’ll stick with Fargo, especially since I now have the nice insulated ratchet wrenches to fit the bolts of the two sizes I use the most. I know what you mean about the inhibitor all over the gloves sleeves. Sometimes it makes it pretty hard to grip the wrench. I’ve tried using a rag between the glove and the clamp before to try and keep things clean, but even with just a pair of Class 0, that just seemed to makes it clumsier.
© ECN Electrical Forums