ECN Forum
Posted By: sparks_n_shorts License training classes - 12/03/07 06:36 AM
First let me say I have been a lurker on this site for a couple of years, recently decided to join. i have been an electrician, in one form or another, for almost 10 years. I have worked in Denver, California, st Louis and most recently here in Oklahoma. Most of my time was spent in St Louis, which did not require the individual to be licensed. My question is this...for anyone close to Oklahoma, I am getting ready to take my state license exam and I am looking for a good training class. I have checked into Judge Porter...does anybody know anything or anyone different?
Posted By: leland Re: License training classes - 12/05/07 01:34 AM
===i have been an electrician, in one form or another===

There is only one form.Ya is ..or Ya aint..( I know what you meen)
Welcome to the site. I hope someone here can direct you to the "Dark side".
Posted By: sparks_n_shorts Re: License training classes - 12/05/07 01:26 PM
Thanks for the welcome...I suppose I should have stated : I have been an electrician, in either the new construction field, or the remodel and service field....lol
Posted By: JValdes Re: License training classes - 12/05/07 05:48 PM
Tom Henry Code Class. www.code-electrical.com.
Teaches how to pass. Not a "how to become an electrician" class.
Also Mike Holt has a good program. I used Tom Henry's system and passed on the first try....good luck and welcome to the forum.
See if your tech school or college use Toms system?
Posted By: sparks_n_shorts Re: License training classes - 12/06/07 12:43 AM
thanks JValdes...I have some of the Tom Henry books, and I also have the Mike Holt 3 book set. I am not in need of the "how to become an electrician" thing...Too many years of experience for that..LOL...just need a class to refresh me on latest code changes and some calculations to prep me for the Oklahoma State test.
© ECN Electrical Forums