ECN Forum
Posted By: Charles Electrifying fixtures that used candles - 11/10/07 06:02 AM
Probably a bit out of the scope of this forum, but I've been in a lot of castles and things like that in Europe and have even seen electrified candle chandeliers and such here in North America, but how exactly is it usually done here?

For fixtures with no internal cavities to contain junction points and no hollow arms, the conductors follow the the shape of the arms, but how are junctions made for fixtures with multiple arms?
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Electrifying fixtures that used candles - 11/10/07 03:24 PM
Charles:
Based on who is doing the work, is it a 'budget' or 'what-it-takes'.

Over the years, I have done a few; basically I had a shop capable of fabricating a 'splice box' that was a close or exact match to the design and metal of the fixture. Bushed wiring entry points from the arms, and a stem for access to the 120 volt box......

I also had a good relationship with two (2) lamp shops...unfortunatley....both have been gone, (retired or passed on). Craftsmen are getting hard to find, as well as the various parts and materials needed, with the Big Box knocking out almost all 'mom & pop operations

If there aren't too many arms the individual wires are often run up to the ceiling and connected directly to the feed (works for up to like 4 arms). Typical hack jobs like I saw in a Hungarian castle involve twisted and taped flying splices - what else would you have guessed when it's a hack job.
© ECN Electrical Forums