ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/05/02 12:40 PM
I live in Boston, Massachusetts and travel to all parts of the US.

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 09-15-2004).]
Posted By: Redsy Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/05/02 02:13 PM
Live in Ivyland, PA
Work in Bensalem, PA
Both are suburban Philadelphia...Bucks County
I live in:

Williamsburg, West "By the grace of God" Virginia. Geographically centered in Greenbrier County. A town of about 300 people.

Work in:

Greenbrier and surrounding counties. Mainly Lewisburg and White Sulphur Springs.

Go here for a Map of my travel area...

For those with GPS, my home/office coordinates are:

N 37º 58' 40"
W 080º 30' 13.9"

How's that for a precise answer?

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 11-05-2002).]
Posted By: Pearlfish Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/05/02 03:29 PM
Live in Chicago Ridge, IL
Work in Aurora, IL

Both are due West of the Southern tip of lake Michigan.
Boston, Massachusetts

Be sure and vote today. Your vote does count.
Posted By: Ron Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/05/02 05:24 PM
I live in Rockland County, New York (suburb NW of NYC).
My office is in White Plains, New York (Suburb N of NYC). http://www.eypmcf.com
I work all over the place, but mostly NY, CT and NJ.
Posted By: Electra Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/05/02 05:57 PM
I live in the wonderful city of Portland, Oregon and I work at NECA/IBEW Electrical Training Center for local 48 - http://nietc.org
Posted By: Electra Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/05/02 05:59 PM
Oops!! I hit the submit button too fast...this is the correct website - http://www.nietc.org
I live in Aloha, Oregon.
Work in Hillsboro, Oregon.
Both are about 15 miles West of Portland. http://www.panelview.com
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/05/02 08:44 PM
I live in Hillside, NJ and Brick, NJ. Electrical Contracting in Northern and Central NJ. (Used to be the "Garden State")
Also, I have a PT electrical inspector position in Edison, NJ. By State law, we do not perform electrical contracting in Edison, or any town that "touches" Edison's borders.
John
Posted By: sparky Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/05/02 09:21 PM
I live in Chester Vermont, (right here)
[Linked Image], and work the surrounding towns & ski areas.

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 11-05-2002).]
Posted By: spyder Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/05/02 09:49 PM
I live and work in Nantucket, Massachusetts. Nantucket is an island 30 miles off Cape Cod.
Live in Holden Massachusetts (No I don't know Dick Hertz from holden) A realtively small town 50 Miles west of Boston. Work mainly in the area from here to, and including, Boston.
Posted By: Tom Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/05/02 10:19 PM
I live near Shinnston, WV
I work wherever there is enough money involved to support me in the manner to which I've grown accustomed.
Posted By: Nick Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/05/02 11:49 PM
I live in Hesperia, CA which is a small town at the top of the Cajon Pass which is basically a pit stop on the way to Las Vegas from LA. I work for these guys mainly in San Bernardino County (my home local) but occasionally venture to Orange, Riverside and even San Diego counties.

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited 11-05-2002).]
Posted By: jlhmaint Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/06/02 02:41 AM
I live in Fredericktown, OH and work in Mt Vernon, OH. Both are about 40 miles north of Columbus ohio. I work for Ariel Corporation which builds natural gas compressors for the gas industry all over the world. My position is industrial electrical maintenance.
Posted By: wirewiz Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/06/02 02:43 AM
I live in Olympia Washington, ( about 80 miles south of Seattle) and usually work within about a 40 mile radius. But I did work as far away as Missuola MT. one time.
Wirewiz
Posted By: caselec Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/06/02 03:27 AM
I live in Saratoga, CA which is right next to San Jose. I work in about 20 nearby city's in Santa Clara County and San Mateo County.

Curt
Posted By: walrus Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/06/02 11:44 AM
Verona Island, Maine, A lovely place on the coast of Maine. I work most of the state. Today I will be in Columbia Falls in Downeast Maine, tomorrow I will be in Greenville(Moosehead Lake) where its snowing hard right now [Linked Image]
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/06/02 09:56 PM
Manhattan Island. New York City.

Live and work here.

It's funny, because I live almost at the northernmost part of the island (Washington Heights) and I work at the southernmost tip -- in the Financial District....about four blocks away from the World Trade.....oh waitaminnit... [Linked Image]
Posted By: nesparky Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/08/02 06:28 AM
I live and in Omaha Ne. Work takes me about 75 mi. if I can get the bid.
Posted By: Matt M Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/08/02 08:45 AM
I live in a rural area near Lake George Minnesota in the north-central part of the state near Itasca state park. I am a maintenance electrician at an OSB (waferboard) manufacturing plant near the town of Solway Minnesota, 33 miles from home. Closest city is Bemidji.
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/09/02 02:45 AM
I live in Anaheim, Ca. - which is in Southern California [Orange County]. Live apx. 1 mile West of Disneyland, a few miles away from "Electure", around 150 miles West of "Nick", about 300 miles South of "Caselec" and X miles from everyone else [Linked Image]

Work anywhere in California! Mostly in Southern and Central areas, but since the beginning of the year, also have been running around the San Francisco and Sacramento areas.

Scott S.E.T.
Posted By: go-go Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/09/02 02:01 PM
Live in Central Florida and work for http://www.deltapsystems.com/index.html
which can take me just about anywhere.
I live in Tampa Florida
I do telecommunication towers all over the state.
Joe,

I live in a town called Boonton NJ. It is in the northern part of NJ. I was a contractor in my own business for 15 years and I was doing electrical work since 1975. Right now I am a full time AHJ (A**hole having jurisdition.) [Linked Image] However I try to bring some common sense to the job site. Being that I worked in the trade, I know what the contractors can do, and what it is hard to do. ( I also know lots of the tricks that contractor tried to get away with. because I did them myself.) I inspect for 4 towns and I inspect anything from services, to hospital, with an airport thrown in there for good luck. I have seen small jobs to large 20,000 sq. ft houses with indoor bowling alleys. Every day is a new adventure for me, but I love the work.

Caper
Posted By: Wirenuttt Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/11/02 06:23 PM
I live in Chelmsford , MA. 30 mi N.W. of Boston. I've recently been working on public schools. The time tables come crunching down on top of you in these projects. Newburyport HIgh school was delayed, they had to spread students all over town till it passed occupancy. Great money to make in prevailing wage, but, you have to be wide shouldered, specially if the management your working under is underqualified.
Posted By: andylea Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/13/02 02:35 AM
im from england, i live in queens ny , most of my work is in manhattan.
Posted By: spkjpr Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/13/02 02:56 AM
I live in Sedalia,MO. We are just about the center of the state and the home of our state fair. I work for a manufacturing plant that makes metal tool boxes and also work for myself on the side.
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/13/02 03:45 AM
Retired from this place in Northern California.
Posted By: Jim M Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/13/02 03:58 AM
Moving to the Eastern shore of Md. Will continue to work for the good customers wherever they are.

wirenutt,

I was in Chelmsford for a training class back in the 80's. My first experience with Boston drivers was trying to merge into the Logan tunnel. Later that day I got lost in Chinatown looking for a place to eat. Finally found a Legal's.
80's in chinatown, looking for somthing to eat. Yeah right. Perhaps the term "red light district" will help jog your memory. Every few months the Boston PD puts on "operation squeeze" to round up the "ladies of the evening" and their "johns" in chinatown. The number one excuse from the guys from out of town "I was looking for something to eat"

[This message has been edited by Electricmanscott (edited 11-13-2002).]
Posted By: falcondfb Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/14/02 02:44 AM
Home is lovely Oakland, NJ

Work is in the ever rich and powerful Bergen county NJ. Can't swing a dead cat w/o hitting a car costing more than my house.
Posted By: doc Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/14/02 11:52 PM
live in a a small spot called Mt. Peak near Midlothian 28 miles or so south east of Ft. Worth ,Texas
work in Dallas
Posted By: PJM Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/16/02 01:01 AM
Originally from South West Scotland, now living in Mt. Airy, Md.

Shop is 5 miles from my house, most work within about a 40 mile radius of shop.

Only problem - Boss lives next door
Posted By: Roger Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/16/02 02:52 AM
Asheville NC and work here http://www.hayesandlunsford.com/motorrep/motorrep.html

I don't work for our motor repair actually, (I just like the picture [Linked Image]) I'm in electrical contracting,

Roger
Posted By: sparkync Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/16/02 02:56 AM
I work in and around Hickory, NC. Self employed [Linked Image] [Linked Image] Looks like we're almost neighbors Roger [Linked Image]
Posted By: Roger Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/16/02 03:31 AM
Sparkync, I guess we are neighbors. I did the Valley Hills Mall Food Court and the Catawba Medical PACU in the past couple of years.

The next time I go that way I'll contact you and maybe we can meet.

Roger
Posted By: dugmaze Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 11/18/02 05:18 AM
Fidelity, Illinois(by St. Louis)

I geuss that makes me an infidel.

work for Winchester Ammunition, industrial electrician

buy American made ammo--please!
Joe,
Although I've worked an nearly all 50 states you're map isn't large enough it's only US, not even the US territories in the carribian
not even North Anerica. I go beyond your boundaries. Well you asked.
Posted By: Hutch Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 12/08/02 05:28 AM
Elko, NV. "Best Little Town in America".

I've got documents to prove it!!!!

Hutch
That's it keep the thread going!!

Thanks!!

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 12-09-2002).]
Posted By: CRW Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 12/09/02 12:51 AM
I live in Bethlehem, PA. Work all over the Lehigh Valley.
Posted By: Va Sparky Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 12/09/02 01:48 AM
Northern Va here. Though I have worked most of the east coast (government contracts)
Posted By: Dallas Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 12/09/02 03:29 AM
Indiana's Callin Me... [Linked Image]

I live just outside a little town called North Salem, and work mostly in Indianapolis and the surrounding "dounut" of counties.

Dallas

PS., Dugmaze, I buy a lot of Winchester brass, just to keep you busy! And me too, in the evenings [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Dallas (edited 12-08-2002).]
Posted By: smurf Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 12/09/02 02:13 PM
Central part of Arkansas.
I live in Garden City MI. A western suburb of Detroit. I work at Detroit Edison in Detroit. I also do residential electrical on the side.
Merry CHRISTmas.
Mark
Posted By: JohnnyB Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 12/10/02 05:33 AM
Live in Roselle IL, I work all over Chicago land. I'm working for a commercial maintenance contractor trying to start a HVAC service side of the biz for the owner. I am mostly trained for HVAC, but I do most anything I can get paid for.
Posted By: wayne Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 12/10/02 10:03 AM
Hi Guys and Gals
I live in Stedman North Carolina, its about 10 miles east side of fayetteville, of which i do most of my work.
I am a electrial and plumbing contractor.
sparky you are not too far from me.
Bump!!
Posted By: e57 Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/15/04 10:04 PM
San Francisco. And work in the Bay Area, but mostly in San Francisco proper. Average commute 3 miles.
York, Nebraska
Posted By: trekkie76 Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/15/04 10:33 PM
baileyville, Maine. About 10 min. from the canadian border, VERY eastern maine. All parts of downeast Maine.
Posted By: stamcon Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/15/04 11:13 PM
Live in South San Francisco and work all over the San Francisco Bay Area.
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/15/04 11:38 PM
I live in West Jordan, which is just south of Salt Lake City. I work for Draper City, which is about 20 miles south of Salt Lake City. [Linked Image] http://www.draper.ut.us/
I live in... Norfolk Massachusetts USA...5 minutes from where the world champion New England Patriots play (and win)! I werk in da area...but I am looking for Easy Street
I live in Alpharetta, Georgia. My shop is about 3 miles from the house and we work mostly in about a 15 mile radius.
live in saluda,s.c work in newberry,s.c.
I live in Young harris Ga. It's in the Mountains about 100mi North of Electric Eagle.

I work mostly in Towns,Union and Fannin Counties in Ga. and Clay and Cherokee co's in NC.

Russell
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/16/04 01:46 AM
I live in Irvington, NY. I work in the entire county (about 1.7 million people), and we are just about 20 miles from Grand Central in Manhattan.

Pierre
Posted By: BigB Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/16/04 03:12 AM
I am in Tucson, Arizona. Easy weather most of the time. By easy I mean no snow or rain(most of the time) to deal with. We just have to carry plenty of water.
Posted By: MONOLITH Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/16/04 03:18 AM
Exton, Pennsylvania.

Working from South Philly up to Bethlehem/Easton area.
Posted By: Attic Rat Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/16/04 03:26 AM
... Bergen County, New Jersey !!!.... [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
NW ARKANSAS
Posted By: FrankC Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/16/04 04:18 PM
I live on the California central coast and work as the supervising fire alarm electrician at Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo,CA The town is famous for being near Hearst Castle, the Madonna Inn, and Diablo Canyon Nuclear power plant.
Posted By: pauluk Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/16/04 04:42 PM
live in saluda,s.c
Hey, another place I've visited! [Linked Image] I remember reaching Saluda after the most torrential downpour of rain I've ever experienced!

I'm located about 3000 miles to the east of the U.S.A, in Norfolk (county), England.
Posted By: Fred Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/16/04 08:31 PM
Straughn, Indiana. Work in the tri-county area.(40 miles east of Indianapolis)
Posted By: CharlieE Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/16/04 09:12 PM
I grew up in Cambridge City, IN and worked in Richmond, IN until I joined the USAF. I now work for the Indianapolis Power & Light Company in engineering. I graduated from High School in 1960, yes . . . that makes me an old f**t but I am still working with no plans to retire.

My lot in life is to get under Joe Tedesco's skin the way he gets under mine sometimes. Hey Joe, I will be at the IAEI Western Section . . . if you are there, I will count it a privilege to buy you a beer. [Linked Image]
Posted By: adamb Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/16/04 10:23 PM
Corinna, Maine
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/16/04 10:55 PM
Highlands Ranch, Colorado. ( A Denver Burb.)
Have my own business. I design, sell, and install Fire Alarm Systems. Master Electrician since 1986.
Posted By: Kelley Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/16/04 11:05 PM
I live In Framingham Massachusetts about 30 minutes west of boston. shop also in Framingham. We travel thru-ought mass and the surrounding states.... Go Patriots!!!!!

Kelley fagan
Posted By: JoeC Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/16/04 11:54 PM
Lancaster, PA

Thanks to all for willingness to share knowledge and experience.
Charlie:

I will go to the Eastern Section Meeting instead, because I have other commitments. I enjoyed the Western Section meetings when I did attend in the past. I have some pictures of some of the Players today who were just fledglings then.

So now I get the story, you are just playing around with me, when you say arguing with me is like trying to catch a skunk!

OK, we can play and be on the same track but you know where I am coming from, and I don't represent any interest except for myself.

Can I be all wrong? You have seen my pictures, and today another 24 to add to my library.

NFPA is afraid to discuss this issue with me!

We need people like Bill Hogan, he made them listen (former Chief Electrical Inspector City of Chicago) Sparky does speak some truth, everyone has an agenda -- and I am about to put forward a challenge to the NEC Committee Members, except for Special Experts!

Let's inspect their attic and handy work! I wil stop now got to get ready to go to NY for a wedding.
Posted By: CJS Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/17/04 12:16 AM
The greater Raleigh, NC area.

Cjs
Posted By: Dave55 Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/17/04 12:20 AM
Live and work in Crystal Lake, Illinois.

I went to trade school in Harrison, Mustang!
Posted By: Crowbar Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/17/04 05:06 AM
Live : Pittsburgh, PA (Penn Hills to be precise)

Work : McKees Rocks, PA outside PGH (Forging Mill)
Posted By: OreElect Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/18/04 04:57 PM
I live in Salem Oregon. Work is in Salem and surrounding areas.
Posted By: jesmit Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/19/04 03:13 AM
Hello everyone I live in Greenville South Carolina and work in Greenville
Joliet, IL here. I have worked as far North as Spring Grove ( won't do that again ).
Work in Toronto Canada with Florida aspirations.
Posted By: 122ss Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/20/04 11:56 PM
I live and work in the Sandhills of North Central Nebraska. Have traveled as far as 100 miles to work
Posted By: CRM Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/21/04 12:20 AM
Live and work in Alberta, Canada.
Posted By: capt al Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/21/04 12:25 AM
I live in Norton,Ma 35 miles south of Boston. Work in all 6 New England states. Also have worked NY, NJ, & PA. The company's truck gets a good workout.
Posted By: LAwireman Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/22/04 09:51 AM
I live in huntington park california about 15 min from downtown los angeles.i work through out los angeles county and have worked in northern california and arizona
Posted By: SteveMc Re: Where do you live and work in the USA? - 09/22/04 10:09 AM
Live in Rock Hill, SC, just south of Charlotte, NC for all you NASCAR fans. Work at York Technical College as an electrician. www.yorktech.com
© ECN Electrical Forums