ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/06/07 09:05 AM
I may be maligned for these "food" threads.
But what a tasty month!
Little link: here
How do you like your dog?.
Posted By: dougwells Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/06/07 09:39 PM
Judging from my overweight issue I look like its hot dog month every month laugh
Hehe, I told my mother this down in the kitchen, and she reaches into the freezer, grabs a pack of franks and tells me to light the grill. laugh

Ian A.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/07/07 12:09 AM
Maverick makes the best low fat low sodium dog IMHO and I like to tumble them in a chicken basket on the rotisserie in front of the back burner on low until you cook the excess fat out. They can't be that bad for me wink
Posted By: pauluk Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/07/07 02:36 PM
From Alan Belson:

Hot Dog! Here's our old Mac, [ 16 yrs young ], catching a few rays.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: iwire Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/07/07 04:50 PM
I guess I could say hot dogs are a guilty snack pleasure for me.

I just 'nuke em' for 30 seconds throw them in a roll with mustard and relish and enjoy.

I like corn dogs as well. smile
Posted By: electure Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/07/07 10:26 PM
In hot dog news:

San Jose, CA man wins championship by eating 66 of them "pups" in 12 minutes.

Full Story
Bob, what is a corn dog?
2 Slaw dogs and a Mountain Dew!! Right on time, anytime! grin
Posted By: pauluk Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/08/07 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Alan Belson
Bob, what is a corn dog?

You've missed a tasty American treat if you've never tried one Alan!

It's a wiener deep-fried in cornbread batter. Here you go: smile

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/corndogs.htm

Posted By: iwire Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/08/07 09:20 AM
Thanks for the assist Paul. smile

Basically a Corn dog is a hot dog encased in corn bread on a stick for easy eating.

[Linked Image from content.answers.com]

This is the type of place where you should be buying them

[Linked Image from taquitos.net]

Doesn't that giant plastic corn dog on the roof just look so appetizing? laugh

Don't forget...

CORN DOGS ARE AN EXCELLENT SOURCE OF CALORIES, FAT, CHOLESTEROL AND SALT.

DON'T let your body levels of these important dietary components sink to unsafe levels!

If Corn dogs are not your style another popular treat in my area are "Hot Wieners" 'All the way'. A natural-casing wiener topped with mustard, meat sauce, onion, celery salt and all served on a steamed bun.

[Linked Image from olneyvillenysystem.com]

The only proper way to prepare them is on a hairy mans arm like this

A typical persons order will be four to six of these little bundles of health. wink
Posted By: pauluk Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/08/07 12:12 PM
It's a good job I've just had lunch! smile

I love the whole fun-of-the-fair hot dog stand bit. There's just something about the atmosphere.

Looking at that second to last pic I can't help but think of Tatum O'Neal in Paper Moon, being told to "Drink your Nehi and eat your Coney Island."
Posted By: mxslick Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/12/07 06:11 AM
Originally Posted by iwire
Thanks for the assist Paul. smile

Basically a Corn dog is a hot dog encased in corn bread on a stick for easy eating.

[Linked Image from content.answers.com]

[Linked Image from taquitos.net]

Doesn't that giant plastic corn dog on the roof just look so appetizing? laugh

Don't forget...

DON'T let your body levels of these important dietary components sink to unsafe levels!

If Corn dogs are not your style another popular treat in my area are "Hot Wieners" 'All the way'. A natural-casing wiener topped with mustard, meat sauce, onion, celery salt and all served on a steamed bun.

The only proper way to prepare them is on a hairy mans arm like this

A typical persons order will be four to six of these little bundles of health. wink

Funny and scary at the same time, Bob. smile

But man, those do look good!! (The dogs, not the guy's hairy arms..)

I also love a traditional chili dog, yummy!!

Oh, and of course, a staple here in L.A., the "Dodger dog" by Farmer Johns. smile
Posted By: ghost307 Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/12/07 12:32 PM
Cozy Dog in Springfield Illinois!!!

http://www.cozydogdrivein.com/
Call me a Philadelphian, but I'll take a cheesesteak. laugh

Ian (Go Philly suburbs!) A.
Remember this? :

[Linked Image]

Darn few things better fit a summer jobsite ... than bending PVC, then cooking lunch over a nice bed of coals!

The dogs and burgers taste best if you let the other guys make wise-cracks all morning ... then grill in front of their disbelieving eyes, as they suffer another balony sandwich!
Posted By: e57 Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/13/07 08:28 AM
While on the subject of meat - I have an annual "Meat fest" party mid June. This last one boasted 3 full racks of ribs, 2 8# briskets, and a 10# pork shoulder. Hickory and mesquite smoked all morning. Greater than 1 lbs per person. This year we had side dishes too...
Posted By: e57 Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/13/07 08:33 AM
Ian - do they have "steak bombs" in Philly? A cheese steak with everything Mushrooms, peppers, onions, hots and sweets - and pastrami.
Originally Posted by e57
Ian - do they have "steak bombs" in Philly? A cheese steak with everything Mushrooms, peppers, onions, hots and sweets - and pastrami.

[Homer]Mmmm, steak bombs. D'oh![/homer]

Mark you owe me a keyboard (from making me drool by thinking of steaks this early laugh )

Okay, I know they do have them, I just forget where. Probably everywhere. Next time I see my uncle I'll ask him (since he commutes to Philly a lot.)

Ian A.
Posted By: LK Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/13/07 06:38 PM
How about the Electrocuted Hot Dogs! at one time, every pub in town had them.

Hot dog vendor is also an excellent choice for a weathly future, one of the guys in school voted most likely to end up in prison, went into the hot dog business, today he lives in the style of the rich, and famous. We must really love those dogs.
Posted By: 32VAC Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/14/07 01:04 AM
Corn Dogs are known in Australia as Dagwood Dogs. Best served with tomato sauce (ketchup?) from the travelling show that comes to town once a year. I'm on a low fat/salt/cholestrol/taste diet but couldn't resist two for breakfast... smile
Posted By: Trumpy Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/19/07 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by iwire

Don't forget...

Ha Ha,
That has to be the funniest thing I've read here in a while Bob. cool

Posted By: Zog Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 07/20/07 04:52 PM
Anyone know the difference between a hot dog, frank, and weiner? Are they all the same?
Posted By: Trumpy Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 08/01/07 09:45 AM
Well,
August now and a little question.
Did you get your fill last month?
Posted By: sabrown Re: OT: FYI July is National Hot Dog Month - 08/01/07 02:13 PM
Shane,
Don't post rubbish like that here.
© ECN Electrical Forums