ECN Forum
Posted By: LK Edison Tower In Trouble - 06/21/07 06:21 PM
http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070621/NEWS0107/706210352/1005/NEWS01

The Edison web site http://www.menloparkmuseum.com/index.html
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Edison Tower In Trouble - 06/22/07 12:53 AM
Les:
I just emailed this to my office, and will send it around the office tommorrow.
I 'll pass it on to a few others also.

I know the tower has been closed for some time now, but I was unaware of the financial needs till you posted this

John
Posted By: LK Re: Edison Tower In Trouble - 06/22/07 01:34 AM
I was also shocked to see they were in trouble with funding, would be nice if the township, and county could help with the matching funds, until they raise the difference.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Edison Tower In Trouble - 06/22/07 03:24 AM
They tricked the City of Ft Myers into taking over the Edison Home here. There are a lot of taxpayers who are not that excited about it.
Posted By: LK Re: Edison Tower In Trouble - 06/22/07 04:09 AM
Originally Posted by gfretwell
They tricked the City of Ft Myers into taking over the Edison Home here. There are a lot of taxpayers who are not that excited about it.

I am not suggesting the taxpayers pay for it just front the money needed, until they can raise the difference, It's amazing they don't have a fund set up that supports it.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Edison Tower In Trouble - 06/22/07 05:15 AM
They spent $9 million and got $4.2 back from revenues, contributions and grants.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Edison Tower In Trouble - 06/22/07 11:26 AM
NJ also has the Edison Museum in West Orange which has Federal jurisdiction I believe. And Edison's home in LLewellyn Park (West Orange). I've never heard of funding situations there?
John
Posted By: derailed Re: Edison Tower In Trouble - 06/22/07 03:46 PM
well I want to be able to take my kids to those places and have them be as interested in it all as I was. So I am in for a few bucks!
Posted By: LK Re: Edison Tower In Trouble - 06/22/07 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by derailed
well I want to be able to take my kids to those places and have them be as interested in it all as I was. So I am in for a few bucks!

That is the way I look at it, something worth preserving.
© ECN Electrical Forums