ECN Forum
Posted By: electure Mid-size Covers - 09/25/02 11:57 AM
Saw an item re: Midsize plates that "...adds a full 0.375" (9.255mm) on all sides to NEMA standard-size plates, providing needed gap coverage for overcuts or other large wallboard-to-box openings"
What happened to NEC 314.21? It states that the surface "shall be repaired so there will be no gaps or open spaces greater than 3mm (1/8 in.) at the edge of the box or fitting"
(The kicker is that this was in the IAEI News Sept/Oct issue) [Linked Image]
Posted By: txsparky Re: Mid-size Covers - 09/25/02 01:18 PM
On my jobs,most of the drywall co. employees can't speak english and I'll be damned if I'm gonna learn spanish to communicate in my own country.I will point this requirement out to the GC and the drywall supt. and let them deal with it.I also insist that they use sheetrock saw and not a router to cut their openings.(I don't care too much for replacing wire damaged by some careless person who is racing to see how many sq.ft he can hang in 8 hrs or lookong for the boxes they covered up)I simply refuse to trim out untill the gaps are repaired.I dont purchase oversize covers.
Posted By: sparky Re: Mid-size Covers - 09/26/02 12:21 AM
At a recent 'energy' seminar drywall openings around devices accounted for 300% more moisture transfere than tightly mudded ones.

Tan cortan el drywall apretado allĂ­ a Pedro......
[Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums