ECN Forum
Posted By: nhbnj Cable TV bonding???????????? - 05/03/01 05:09 PM
I can't get anything in writing from any of my supervisors on the laws regarding bonding
cable TV. The verbal answers I get are contradicting or simply going to be checked on. Years have gone by without the answers I
want.

I'm in Bergen County, NJ. Anyone that can help I would appreciate it.

check out my website
www.EddyRolon.com
Posted By: sparky Re: Cable TV bonding???????????? - 05/03/01 06:30 PM
Eddy;
check out 250-92(b). as a 99' change, we sparky's are supposed to leave you something to bond to.

as an incurable groundaholic, don't wear steel toes on my jobs, or you'll be hobbling out bonded....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: resqcapt19 Re: Cable TV bonding???????????? - 05/03/01 06:43 PM
Also look at 820-33 and 820-40.
Don(resqcapt19)
Posted By: Tom Re: Cable TV bonding???????????? - 05/03/01 07:25 PM
This area is often ignored by the cable guy.

After a TV dies during a thunderstorm, it's the power company that gets blamed everytime.

I've discussed this with the supervisor of the local cable company & he made some comments about older houses being wired & grounded so bad that it caused interference in the picture. So instead of refusing service to a customer, they just don't make the bonding connection. Of course, they never mention this to the customer, so there they sit with a bad situation made worse by the cable company.

Tom
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Cable TV bonding???????????? - 05/05/01 12:52 AM
Would the practices of the Cable Company (a Utility) be outside the scope of the NEC?

maybe into NESC Territory?

Anybody ever see the cable guy bond to the PVC conduit under the Meter? I have several times. [Linked Image]

dh,
great stuff! What's shootfighting? I've got no clue what that would be.

Bill
© ECN Electrical Forums