ECN Forum
Posted By: derater G.E. TQL Breakers - 09/12/02 01:07 AM
Anyone know who has these in duplex s.p.
They have large cross slots at buss end.
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: G.E. TQL Breakers - 09/12/02 01:45 AM
Clarification - When you say duplex do you mean a breaker with 2 double pole breakers in one or are you talking about tandem breakers?

Anyway, to the best of my knowlege GE does not make a duplex or tandem breaker, instead most of their panels accept half space breakers (THQP series) which can be connect together to make double pole breakers. They do have THQP double pole breakers. I may be wrong or not even answering your question, but that's the best of my knowlege, hope it helps.

[This message has been edited by Electric Eagle (edited 09-11-2002).]
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: G.E. TQL Breakers - 09/12/02 05:03 AM
GE THQL Breakers and panels are protected from installing too many breakers by design of the half-size "non-CTL" breakers to only be compatible with, say, 20 space panels. Older design GE's aren't compatible at all.

The bus attachment point looks like this: -|-
rather than the single: |

Check the listing on this, but Cutler Hammer and Sq D Homeline make tandems that will fit into a GE bus.
Posted By: sparky Re: G.E. TQL Breakers - 09/12/02 10:37 AM
i think T&B makes one to fit 8 panels.....but the 'listings' may be conflicting...... [Linked Image]
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: G.E. TQL Breakers - 09/12/02 11:08 AM
I have seen the GE 1/2 size breakers and also full size tandems. Wherever you live find a supplier that sells GE products or check Home Depot.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: G.E. TQL Breakers - 09/13/02 01:10 AM
If I knew how to create a link, I would; but alas:

Search engine: GE Supply; Power & Distribution

They have a listing of local branches, and an online catalog.

John
© ECN Electrical Forums