ECN Forum
Posted By: gisbon Spa Tub Bonding - 07/28/02 07:57 PM
No frills.....remodel job, framed for spa tub, sheet rocked except under framing, 20 GFI breaker protected seperate circuit, bonding to cold water pipe under framing but when I went under frame to do the bonding found copper pipe coming off of plastic water pipe. Am I bonding with this scenario? Must I go back to somewhere where the pipe is totally copper? BTW this is on the 16th floor of a high rise. doubt I could find any copper other than what comes out of the walls. This is a concern to me in Florida. Most water mains are PVC. This has probably been discussed before but I need to do this right and also to explain it to my apprentice. Thanks for your help, Tom
Posted By: gisbon Re: Spa Tub Bonding - 07/31/02 09:59 AM
Was this a really dumb question or am I in the wrong Forum? I can find the answer without coming here but I thought it would make a good subject for others also. With the new format you have maybe I should have asked in the "Code" forum. Have a safe day all, Tom
Posted By: sparky Re: Spa Tub Bonding - 07/31/02 10:53 AM
Tom,
part 4 of 680 (680.40) would have 680.26 apply, part B of 680.26 seems to imply that you are bonding......does that answer your Q?
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Spa Tub Bonding - 07/31/02 05:47 PM
Tom,

My understanding is that the concern is with bonding everything (metal objects) in the vicinity of the Tub itself. It has its own EGC through the supply and GFCI protection.

Bill
Posted By: gisbon Re: Spa Tub Bonding - 08/02/02 09:35 PM
Sparky and Bill, Thank you both for your replies. They were what I was looking for.

Thanks again,
Tom
© ECN Electrical Forums