ECN Forum
Posted By: scjohn Unified Elec. exam - 07/04/02 12:43 PM
About a year ago I received a newsletter with an article title "National Contractor's Liscense". The article stated that in the coming year or so their would be a unified exam given to qualified individuals, that the main 48 states would recognize. Anyway I lost the article, and just wondering if anybody else has heard of this.

Thanx, SCJohn
Posted By: Frank Cinker Re: Unified Elec. exam - 07/04/02 01:13 PM
scjohn-

I have information from the National Board of Electrical Examiners (NBEE) from the year 1991. Mike Forister was and perhaps still is Chairman. I hold Certification number 100107 as a Master Electrician. I believe the intent back then was to have a National registry of Jounneyman and Master Electricians. [www.geocities.com/cinkerf/NationalCertification.jpg]http://www.geocities.com/cinkerf/NationalCertification.jpg[/URL]

[Linked Image from ]

Frank

[This message has been edited by Frank Cinker (edited 07-04-2002).]

Posted By: Bjarney Re: Unified Elec. exam - 07/04/02 05:37 PM
Frank--

{Maybe} link will work if others cut and paste this sans quotes:

"www.geocities.com/cinkerf/NationalCertification.jpg"

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 07-04-2002).]
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Unified Elec. exam - 07/04/02 05:47 PM
Frank and others--

"[img]://www.geocities.com/.."
^^^^^
The "http" part is being truncated.

Posted By: Frank Cinker Re: Unified Elec. exam - 07/04/02 07:00 PM
Bjarney, you are right. I give up. The only way to open image is to type in address: www.geocities.com/cinkerf/NationalCertification.jpg

I'll try uploading images to my ECN web page in the future. Perhaps that may work better.

Frank
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Unified Elec. exam - 07/04/02 07:15 PM
Frank,

I think that generally the FREE Websites will not let someone access an image or file itself in this manner without it being on a page. It may have something to do with them not being able to display an ad.

I am not sure if you would make out better with an ECN Free Web either. ECN has no direct control over things like that as the Free Webs & Software are part of a service that was obtained for ECN patrons and is basically under the control of that provider.

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 07-04-2002).]
Posted By: Frank Cinker Re: Unified Elec. exam - 07/05/02 02:18 AM
http://www.geocities.com/cinkerf/misc.html
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Unified Elec. exam - 07/05/02 01:12 PM
Frank, the last link works. Good ol' geoc...

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 07-05-2002).]
Posted By: Frank Cinker Re: Unified Elec. exam - 07/05/02 01:44 PM
Bjarney-

I did what Bill suggested. I placed the scanned document on one of my web pages. Previously I just uploaded to my web site file manager. I'm learning little by little.

Frank
Posted By: ElectricAL Re: Unified Elec. exam - 07/05/02 04:41 PM
Cool,

The result is an immediately linked to and easily read image. Thanks for you persistance.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Unified Elec. exam - 07/05/02 05:20 PM
Frank,

Glad you got it.

I think that the reasoning is that the FREE Web providers don't want someone just using their space for storage of files. The Server space and software cost them money and they want to be able to recoup some through sales of Banner Ads that pop-up (very annoying) or appear on the pages.

No FREE Lunch there!

If you really want something to show up in a thread you can always send it to me and I will upload it to ECN servers and post it for you or give you the url to use.

[Linked Image]
Bill
© ECN Electrical Forums