ECN Forum
Posted By: sparky Refering work.... - 06/13/02 10:06 AM
My area is busy. ( i hope yours is too)
At my last code course, {last week}, any tradesman i talked to was busy.
The supply & demand is peaking this time of year, as opposed to Feb when i could'nt contract a disease.
We're juggling here, politely trying to scheldule 2-3 weeks ahead, having to say no, and of course refering to competitors.
My competition(s) does great work, the only problem is that they need referals like a hole in the head this time of year...

Any quick fix out there??

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 06-13-2002).]
Posted By: Happi_Man Re: Refering work.... - 06/13/02 11:49 AM
Geez I am begging for work!! Only - I am in Ohio...so - we probably can't make the trip although I love New England...
Posted By: Redsy Re: Refering work.... - 06/13/02 03:50 PM
I'm fairly busy as well. Suburban Phila.
BTW,
I love the "contract a disease" line.
I will use it as aoon and as frequently as possible!
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Refering work.... - 06/13/02 10:43 PM
Just say no!
Posted By: motor-T Re: Refering work.... - 06/13/02 11:19 PM
Sparky
Wish I could say the same for Ohio, everybody areound here is laying people off, but for me February was good so go figure.
Cycles is about all you can call it, its either feast or famine in this business.

-Mark-
Posted By: master66 Re: Refering work.... - 06/14/02 12:48 AM
We are dead slow here in South-Western PA (next to the WV border) Slowest we've ever been.

Tell some of your customers to move down here!
Posted By: sparky Re: Refering work.... - 06/14/02 12:55 AM
wow...maybe i should save my nickels...?
Posted By: Happi_Man Re: Refering work.... - 06/14/02 12:55 AM
motor-T - not what I need to hear [Linked Image]
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: Refering work.... - 06/14/02 01:29 AM
I'm happy to say we're very busy here in Georgia. When I'm not in the office I have my phone forwarded to my cell. People tend to think if you answer the phone you're just sitting around waiting for a call and expect you to come that day. When I tell them it's going to be a couple of weeks they complain a little, but generally will wait. It's always the customer who decides to install a new chandelier and has a party scheduled the next night that ticks me off. They knew they were going to have a party weeks in advance, but don't call until it's too late. We usually work late to squeeze them in rather than referring although we do have a couple of people we tell them to try if we can't get to it.
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Refering work.... - 06/14/02 01:52 AM
Wow... I'm slam covered up in southern WV...

Interesting...
Posted By: sparky Re: Refering work.... - 06/14/02 10:38 AM
I've found a few J-men who wish to moonlight.
I suppose this to be frowned on, yet they like to do the small 'add a receptacle' jobs i (or my competition)cannot right now.....

EE;
yeah, gets my goat too...i suppose there's a right $$ for everything eh?
© ECN Electrical Forums