ECN Forum
Posted By: doc SEARCH MAY BE OVER - 03/16/01 05:49 AM
Well gang hopefully by this time next wek my job hunting will be over ,have been hired by a company but have 3 others that want to call me back for 2nd interview. Now here is the kicker saw and ad for the company that terminated me so i sent them a kind of harsh letter about hiring a man and not letting him do his job. Lo and behold I get an answer back from a big wheel informing me that they had terminated the guy that terminated me,and thanked me for letting them know what was going on . The next day i get a phone call wanting me to come and reapply at the company with the new plant manager.We had a good visit and walked out with the feeling that I will be called back am i going if called no i will not they still have way to many problems. Did make me feel good though that some upper management people do care about what goes on ,the other companies are offering a lot more in benefits and wages .
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: SEARCH MAY BE OVER - 03/16/01 12:38 PM
Doc,

It's nice to hear that things may be going your way. Whichever way you decide to go it looks like you've made an improvement in your situation. Best of luck to you!

Bill
Posted By: sparky Re: SEARCH MAY BE OVER - 03/16/01 10:54 PM
I'm always being solicited by maintenance foremen who are behind the 8 ball. Usually we ( other trades also), are being called in where organized methods of upkeep has been abandoned , and simply putting out fires is the daily routine.

The catalist for such a senario always seems to be some middle management number cruncher who views maintenance as frivilous overhead.

This is despite all the maintenance trade mag's advice to this end.

So it does my heart good to see one of these "posterior-the-shape-of-my-chair" types get launched....

good ending doc

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: electrician02125 Re: SEARCH MAY BE OVER - 03/19/01 06:33 PM
Good for you Doc.

I have found in the past that when stuff like that happens it usually forces you to do something better for yourself anyway.

Don't look back. Live and learn.

PS: in our facility we are at the point where PM means panic maintenance, not preventive maintenance.

Originally posted by doc:
Well gang hopefully by this time next wek my job hunting will be over ,have been hired by a company but have 3 others that want to call me back for 2nd interview. Now here is the kicker saw and ad for the company that terminated me so i sent them a kind of harsh letter about hiring a man and not letting him do his job. Lo and behold I get an answer back from a big wheel informing me that they had terminated the guy that terminated me,and thanked me for letting them know what was going on . The next day i get a phone call wanting me to come and reapply at the company with the new plant manager.We had a good visit and walked out with the feeling that I will be called back am i going if called no i will not they still have way to many problems. Did make me feel good though that some upper management people do care about what goes on ,the other companies are offering a lot more in benefits and wages .
Posted By: Duff Re: SEARCH MAY BE OVER - 03/25/01 10:22 PM
Doc,

What a satisfying finale to your quest. I had a similar situation except I wasn't fired. The boss that gave me an extremely hard time had the ultimate payback; he was also disliked by his superiors for improper behavior and finally quit because they gave him such a difficult time.

Duff

Originally posted by doc:
© ECN Electrical Forums