ECN Forum
Posted By: golf junkie CAT 5 Cabling Hooks?? - 05/09/02 12:26 AM
I need a source for communication cabling J-hooks. I get a blank stare from the local electrical distributors. It's just a heavy wire hook to keep the cabling up out of harms way above the suspended ceiling.

Who makes these things???

TIA

GJ
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: CAT 5 Cabling Hooks?? - 05/09/02 12:31 AM
There are many different companies that make these. One is by Arlington, its called "The Loop". Another is the "Cable Cat". I am ooking right at them now in a mailer from a distributor. If I was a little more computer literate I would scan the picture and send it to you but.....
Posted By: golf junkie Re: CAT 5 Cabling Hooks?? - 05/09/02 12:41 AM
Scott,

Thanks for the fast response. I spent some time looking online and found that Caddy also makes them. The local distributor carries Caddy and should be able to get them.

I HATE it when I have to educate wholesalers about their own product lines. [Linked Image]

GJ
Posted By: joeh20 Re: CAT 5 Cabling Hooks?? - 05/09/02 09:12 AM
Been training and retraining them for years. The guys just scatter when I come through the door with a Square D Digest in my hand. I have to fill out the order info to get any Teleemechanique contactors, the little compact stuff. They just don't have a clue.
Posted By: Trainwire Re: CAT 5 Cabling Hooks?? - 05/09/02 09:52 AM
Try http://www.phonegeeks.com/drivrinforat.html.

Never bought anything from these guys, so I don't know how they are to deal with.
They call them "drive rings"
Posted By: Bjarney Re: CAT 5 Cabling Hooks?? - 05/12/02 01:08 AM
Uhm, er, the formal 'old bastard' term for these is bridle rings.

Here is an example of two threaded versions. http://www.erico.com/erico_public/pdf/Engineering/Fixing/Electrical/brringovr.pdf

There is also a nail-type version.

Gee I feel old.
Posted By: amp-man Re: CAT 5 Cabling Hooks?? - 05/12/02 03:54 AM
Bjarney,

A drive ring and a bridle ring are two different things.

Any old phone installer could tell you that you used bridle rings in locations lower than 6-7 feet, because a bridle ring does not have the projecting pin that the drive ring has.

Cliff
© ECN Electrical Forums